The fear of showing your light

Hope is our capacity to look in the future and paint it bright. It is the thing that makes us utterly human, in our inability to predict the future. It is hard to undress it and leave it in a closed drawer. Barely possible. Because, it is a matter close to the heart. You can oppress it with a cold sadistic logic but it never dies. It hides somewhere in the back of your soul emitting small scarcely visible rays of light. This are the things that keep us alive, holding on, having faith, and, without whom, we would get lost in the abyss of monotony and misery.

***Art class. Maya & Riley sit together, Lucas sits with Marigold***

''You can enjoy painting fruits?''

''I can enjoy painting anything, really.''

''Why?''

''I don't know. It is enjoyable.''

''Painting a pear?''

''Yes, excuse me Mr. Friar if I have weird ways of having fun. And for your information it is an apple. ''

''Excuse me, Madame

''Excuse me, Madame.''

''I can't believe you sometimes.''

''Que ne pouvez-vous pas croire?'' ( What may you not understand?)

''Très poli. Mais pas avec moi, mon garçon.''(Very polite. But not with me, boy.)

''Mes excuses, madame.''( My apologies, ma'am.)

''Tu aimes vraiment jouer à ce jeu.''(You really like playing this game.)

''Oui.''

''Je...'' She started when she was interrupted by the entrance of Farkle who was wearing a blue robe.

''Why draw fruit? Let's draw a real work of art. That's right. Check out 48 lbs of nasty.''

Farkle, what the...? 

''No!'' Was heard from the other side of the room where Riley and Maya set when Farkle undress his robe just to show a red and black swimsuit.

''Well! Look here. The male... physique.''

''Why thank you, art lady.''

 ''Why aren't we drawing Lucas?'' Riley asked.

Why...? I am just... why?

''Because nobody looks like that. Get used to this. Get used to this right now. When drawing a Farkle, start with the eyes.''

''I think the eyes should go straight to the gun show.''

Okay, this is to much for me.

''Maya, you're supposed to concentrate on the eyes.'' 

''See, you know what my problem is? I don't listen. By the way, you're drawing Lucas.''

Oho, this will only get weirder. I am happy I am on this side of the room.