Chapter 22: Brooke's Birthday Bash (Part 1)

It was 6:30 and I had to be at the arena with the boys in 15 mins to set up, I was already dressed for the party my hair done and my make-up and I have to say I look pretty decent to say that I never really wear anything that shows my legs but today I did. I am wearing my high wasted shorts, a black Nirvana vest top and my black and white flannel tied around my waist. I had decided on putting my hair in a high pony and applying the dark blue bandana which was the same as Ashton's. I heard a knock at the door and looked out of my bedroom window sure enough it was Ashton's car with Michael in the front and Calum in the back so I am guessing Luke is at my door. I grabbed my mini satchel from my bed and grabbed my phone sliding it in my pocket. I ran downstairs and quickly slipped on my black vans. I opened the door and Luke was stood there looking at the floor but as soon as I arrived his face shot up and he bit his lip. I smiled and I have to say he looked ama-zing!! He was wearing his black skinnies, red flannel, a black t-shirt, black vans identical to mine and his grey beanie with obviously all his wristbands on like me. His hair was in the usuall quiff, which he couldn't stop running his fingers through to make it stand taller. ''Well don't you look pretty tonight.'' He said smirking and wrapping his arms around my waist, I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck. ''Well I had to look good since I am going on stage.'' I said and he laughed at me but we then got interupted by my Mum coughing behind us so me and Luke pulled apart. ''Well I was just going to say Ashleigh have a good time tonight and be home for about 10:30, 11:00 and the latest! And strictly no drinking! Oh and wish Brooke a Happy Birthday for me!'' She reminded me, I nodded and gave my Mum a quick hug bye.

''Asheleigh are you wearing Lynx?''

''What no I have my Strawberry Passion Perfume on why?''

''Oh it must just be Luke's, scent on you then.'' She said I bushed and she laughed and turned around, I walked out of the door with Luke closing it behind me. ''Do I smell like Lynx?'' I asked Luke sniffing my shirt. He bent down and sniffed my shirt nodding. ''Yea but is that a bad thing?''

''Nope at least it's you I smell of.'' I blushed noticing what I had just said and he laughed bending down and smelling me again before kissing my cheek quickly so the boys wouldn't see and get the wrong idea.

We had reached the arena and I have to say it was huge it fills 1.000 people but the boys were not expecting that much people to come. They had put ads up on Twitter and Facebook and samples of their songs but no videos just incase Brooke saw. ''Right then Calum you will be setting up over here...'' Said a man with short brown hair, a beard and trousers that were too flared he was showing where the boys would be performing. Luke was right at the front and I could see he was a bit nervous about that... They came off stage and went backstage to see where their dressing room was going to be. We walked down this corridor filled with speakers, ampliflyers and microphones. We stopped when we came to a door with a sign on it saying '5 Seconds Of Summer' there mouths dropped open and I have to say I was shocked too that they had there own dressing room and I wasn't even in the band. ''Woah we have our band name on the dressing room door!'' Michael stated pulling out his phone and taking a picture. ''Yep every act that comes here gets there name on the door so it's all yours!'' Annouced the man who we have yet to learn the name of, and with that he walked away with his clipboard in hand. Mikey pulled the door handle down and walked in. ''Right then let ze show begin!'' Ashton shouted in a French accent plonking himself on the sofa situated at the back of the room. The whole erupted in laughter! ''Right then so we will get all our instruments into the room and then we can get going to the party allright?'' Suugested Mikey the boys nodded and Ashton got up off the sofa and they all went out the door, I followed knowing they would need help.

''Yep...just place that...little more further back...to the left...perfect!'' Ashton was instructing Calum and Michael where he wanted his drum kit to go whilst he was stood up making sure it was in the right position. ''Well if I put my michrophone stand here and then you put yours more to the left and yours more to the right?''

''Yea ok and maybe during the song we could keep going over to each others microphones and singing together?'' Calum, Michael and Luke were suggesting ideas of where they wanted the microphones to go so far they had been moved into 5 different positions but I think they were keeping this arragment which I was happy about seen as they were taking forever deciding! ''Right then boys we better get moving or otherwise we will be late to the party!'' I reminded them skipping down off the stage they all nodded in agreement and followed me off the steps saying bye to the guy with the clipboard we now know as Dave the Director so that's interesting. We all got into Ash's car and Ashton set off down the road they were all practising the songs on the way there and lets just say they sounded amazing... ''And it hurts in my head and my heart and my chest and I'm having trouble catching my breath...'' They were practising Voodoo Doll which was one of my personal favourites...

A/N: I know I haven't updated in a while and I am extreamley sorry I just never seemed to have the time sorry people!! So I had to split this chapter into 2 parts as it is long and I didn't want to writing for ages so hopefully the next part will be up tomorrow. Also I know that some of the details in this book are not right like I know there first gig was at the Annandale Hotel (did I spell that right??) and that when Luke was like 16 he had a fringe and Ashton was older than them and didn't go to the same school. So sorry about that I just wanted to change it up a bit so sorry if you thought I was writing a book about them and I don't even know anything about them because I do:) So I hope that this chapter was alright and I guess I will be going now. Oh and one more thing Ashleigh's party outfit is on the side so I hope you like the outfit:) Luv u all!!

See ya:)

5SOSbandana xx