~CHAPTER 1~

"I have to move on!" Myra takes a deep breath, hoping that the pain and tears choking her throat would subtle with the words.

She gets up and looks around the place, which suddenly looks like a stranger's messy apartment.

The dirty clothes covering the floor, a bunch of used tissues falling at her feet. She somehow manages to walk towards the kitchen passing all the mess, only to meet with more. All the dishes are cluttered in the basin. The thought of not buying a dishwasher was now becoming her worst nightmare all because, she wanted to do it on her own. So much for that her subconscious mocks her.

Still she walks back towards her bedroom passing everything only to stop in front of the mirror. The girl looking back at her doesn't look an inch like her, the messy black hair that looks like as if some current went through them, her over-sized white t-shirt which was covered with all kinds of unidentified stains and the big bags under her eyes with tears smudged cheeks just made her heart more ache.

She falls to her knees with a bang. Tears start falling again the same pathway on her cheeks. She was wishing that the pain that was bursting inside her chest again could lessen but the memories came rushing in making her crumble more and more.

Closing her eyes the words just comes out of her, "No matter how hard it becomes I will move on and never look back". She hoped that the words would give her strength yet the aching heart confuses her, to go back to him. After making some effort she finally stands up from the floor and tries to find a hair tie to tame the beast.

After looking for minutes and creating more fuss to her hair, she successfully manages to make a bun. Gazing around one last time she takes a breath and starts clearing up her mess.

She starts from the used tissue papers, and then goes to the dirty laundry, at the end the dirty utensils. After one hour the place she calls home, slowly starts appearing.

A smile finally gives a color to her stained cheek, after a while of cleaning the maroon rug that was hidden beneath the bundle of clothes now looks back at her.

Even though the laundry was still there, tiredness was slowly taking a toll on her. So she sat back on the couch which was also hidden beneath the dirty laundry and gloated about the achievement seeing a little better room from before.

Ring, ring

Her ringtone blares through the quiet apartment, she starts searching for her phone but when she finds it and picks up, the call disconnects. Cleaning the phone screen first because of the different stains smudged on it, and then unlocks it.

A shocking revelation on the phone screen causes her to scrunch her nose, there were thirty missed call and eighty messages in total. Half of them were from her work and half of them were from Siena, her best friend. The most scaring for her was the latter.

To be honest the brunette journalist was a humble person and looked harmless but only Myra knew, that she was a force on her own and was not to reckon with.

"Where the fu*k are you?" The shout greets her as an answer.

Few years back when her best friend moved away to London it was a very painful thing for her but now she was more than thankful that she was nowhere around to see her like that because then it would have been the broomstick and her face.

"A little quieter Ena, I'm right here", she replies but she knows it is of no use.

"If you're there then why the hell did you not pick up my call for a week? Do you even have a clue that there is one stupid person, thinking where her best friend just disappeared to?" She hears Siena inhaling and exhaling a deep breath after the angry speech.

Even though she gets on Myra's nerves, she was the only one for her to talk to, if not her then there was no one. "I'm sorry Ena, it's just that....I....broke up with Austin", new batch of tears start falling down as the words echoes out loud in the empty apartment.

"What? When did this happen? Are you alright?" Siena could not believe what she was hearing right now but somehow knew that this would happen someday.

It's not that the renowned architect was a bad person or anything in fact even after being six years older to Myra, he took great care of her but their opposite personalities and lifestyle always made differences among them. Alsotheir constant breakups...whew, it was a wonder they stayed thislong.

"Don't worry he's going to come back", She states confidently.

"He won't come back....now Ena", Myra loudly states crying more harshly.

"Why? He always came back. This time also he'll come back", she tries to reason with her but she knew the truth.

"This time he won't because.....this time I was the one who ended it.", Myra states with a loud sigh.

Siena shakes her head at the phone, 'stupid emotional fool' , mentally curses her best friend. "Then why are you crying?"

Myra takes a deep breath and hoarsely replies, "I know that it was for good but I can't help but miss him Ena".

"Myra, be strong please", Siena regretted not being there for her friend, 'why does she have to be so far away?'

"Okay, okay just stop crying first for God's sake", she feels her own tear falling but she tries to calm herself for Myra's sake.

"I can't, it hurts Ena..."

"Myra you have to stop crying babe I'm not there....." But no use as she could still hear her sulking.

"Okay, tell me Myra why did you break up with him?" She asks her softly.

"Be...because of the....constant fights....and he always says that I stay with my friends too much", Myra starts remembering the constant bicker they used to have even on small things. They had different opinions on everything.

"Then why do you want him back?" Hearing Siena say this made sense to her, now slowly the tears stopped and she takes one deep breath normalizing it.

"I don't know...."

"See. This is what I'm talking about. Did he even call you in these two weeks?" Now that she thinks about it, the tears stop.

Even though she heard her ringtone ringing she did not have the strength to answer it but today when she opened it, she found calls and messages from Siena and her office. There was no call or messages from him. If he really wanted to get back he would've done that but there was nothing. This ignited the anger inside her.

"You're right Ena", she wipes her face.

"Yes I know I'm right, now tell me what about your work? Because I'm sure if you didn't have the time to answer my calls then there is no way you would have answered theirs."

"I....I....yes I didn't", She can't lie to Siena she knew.

"Myra..."

"Look honestly.....I don't know", She scrunches her nose.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Siena raises her eyebrow.

"I don't know means......I have not answered their calls....so..."

"Myra Esther Lane either you get your sh*t together or I promise I will come there personally to kick your ass", Siena's threatening voice gives goosebumps to her because she knows either she follows her or she will come there and do exactly what she said.

"Fine I get it", she raises her hand mentally.

"Oh you better do as I say or I..."

"Alright, damn violent Ena?" She huffs hearing her so called 'best friend' laughing like a villain from a movie. Sometimes she regrets calling her that but then thinks about the time Siena has been there for her when her own parents didn't, she couldn't be more thankful.

"You bet I am! Okay bye, unlike you some people actually have work. Call me after you call your office."

"Bye", the call ends.