~CHAPTER 17~

As Myra looked from the back window it was a black car at the tail of our car. Tayler picked up the speed and tried to loose the car behind. 

"Someone found us", Addison stated.

Another loud gunshot voice ranged through the air but nothing happened to the car. It did not take her second guess to know that the Tesla was bulletproof. Oh how she missed!

"But how?" Myra commented. Another shot came. Both of them giving me weird looks Addison directly looking at me and Tayler through the mirror, saying, 'are you serious?' I just smiled nervously at them.

Again a shot fires to the back windshield causing Myra to lower her head. Addison without wasting any more second she moves her hand to the below of her seat and takes out a gun. Opening her side window she fires back which causes the other car to lose its balance. Yet it regain its balance and speeds up to meet them. The passenger seat driver smirks at us then reloading his gun he aims at us.

"Addison get down, Tayler speed up!" I yell and the driver just starts firing continues shots at us. The back windshield just smashes into pieces. Just like Addison, Myra thought that there might be a gun beneath her seat and she was right when she took out a gun, a little similar to hers.

"Myra!" Tayler shouts watching her from the rear-view mirror. But she doesn't listen to him and aims from the destroyed windshield and fires at the car's tyre. After two shots Myra smiles when one shot fires at the correct spot making a loud noise and the rubber just rips into pieces making the car smash into other car on its right. 

Tayler take this opportunity making the car speed up more and leaving them far long behind.  

Heavy breaths fill the silence in the car as the speed normalizes when they finally lost them. No one spoke a word because honestly no one knows what to say after you've been in a car chase, so the silence continues.

"Aghh!" Myra yelps as a shard of glass pricks in her elbow. Great this is all she needed right now!

"Are you alright Myra?" Addison speaks.

"Yes but can we stop at a drug store I want a bandage"

"Press it on the wound tightly Myra. We will find something further", Tayler says in a little worried tone passing her a white bandana. What? Did he actually care for her? Myra thought.

After driving a little while and passing all the large buildings, they reach a certain area. Where it's a little quiet and not so many people around. Even though Myra had held the wound tightly by wrapping the bandana over it yet the white cloth had turned red from the blood.

"Is it hurting?" Addison asks scrunching her nose.

"No...a little maybe", Myra replies, thanking God that the shard of glass she thought got inside, just pricked her.

"I could never", she says raising her eyebrows.

"We have reached. For once listen to me and stay inside the car till we get bandages", Myra looks at him when he says this as if taunting a child. She just rolls her eyes in return as both of them leave inside the drug store. When Myra looks at him, she gulps seeing the same muscled biceps like yesterday. The only difference was yesterday his whole body was on display but today because of the white T-shirt only half of him was. Also there was a Denim jacket kept on his seat, maybe he took it off because of the heat. 

Myra looks around her surrounding. Great! There was a payphone just near to the store. She just wanted to run to that and wanted to call Siena but she remembered Tayler's words. Although there was a strong feeling in her to defy him yet somehow looking at her hand she doesn't act on it. Her being reckless days were over. 

"Myra", His voice calls her back from her thoughts. "Can you get out of the car I need to put medicine on your wound". Just like an obedient child she gets out of the car. 

She looks at him intently, removing the blood smeared bandana off her hand and applying liquid medicine on the cotton. "ssss", she makes a sound when he cleans up the wound. Myra's insides were already bursting with emotions as he wiped the wound gently. 

"Sorry", she automatically says as her fingernails accidentally prick his left hand skin that she held onto while he applied medicine. "It's okay. you really need to chill on that sorry's and thank you's", he gives a laugh. 

His mood looks okay Myra say it now or forever hold your peace! Her subconscious dramatically states. 

"Tayler.....can I use that payphone", he's about to say something but she interrupts. "I know you don't want anyone to find our location but I really need to check up on Siena....she's the only family I've left", her voice becomes hoarse at the last part. 

"Fine you can", she returns him a smile and moves to the payphone after he finally fixes up the wound with the bandage. 

She dials up her number only to be answered with, "Hey this is Siena, please leave a message after the beep", the answering machine plays for the second time. Weird, where was she? 

She looks outside to see Addison carrying three to four packets of chips and Tayler helping her carrying the drinks. Her stomach grumbles seeing food. 

She looks at the phone contemplating calling to that one person or not because let's face it Siena always answers her phone. The What if's starts crashing in her brain. Not thinking on it more and dials the number. 

"Hello B"

"So is the Phoenix finally awake?" the chuckling sound welcomes her. 

"I need information on Phantom"

B stilled on the call. "May I ask why the sudden interest?" Curious now. 

"No", receiving a syllable in reply. The matter had to be of utmost important otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it, B thought to himself. "Fine I'll send it, let me track you".

"I don't think we'll stay here for long", and by this the statement was pretty clear. 

"Where are you P?" 

"Not for you to know B, just send me the information any way you can."

"You're with him aren't you?" The silence said it all. "Are you kidding P, that man is not only dangerous but is known to work alone. He cannot keep you safe!"

She sees Tayler looking at her from her side eye and she acts as if still trying to call someone, "listen B, I don't have time so please find the information I want."

"But how P. You were after the man not him", Myra suddenly realised why she was in this mess in the first place. Even though she had blamed Tayler for pulling her in this f*cking mess but later when she finally saw Dylan she knew she was in the right place.

"P!"

"Yes, I will tell you everything later and also try to locate Siena"

"What happened to her?" frowning the voice comes.

"I don't know...." The thought of something happening to her send chills through her. She never wanted her to be in this mess and would blame herself fir the whole life, if something happened to her. 

"It's okay P don't worry. I will find her"

"Thanks....and B just don't tell anyone I am back."

Shockingly B replies, "are you really back?"

She looks outside to Tayler, remembering what happened today and yesterday to her. She never wants to feel helpless like that again, she replies, "Yes and I will take my revenge."

"Just be careful P, the road of revenge has been the downfall for many......and please for the love of God try to stay connected rather than going rouge"

"Okay, okay. Now I have to go bye"

"Bye and P welcome back"

"Here have some Myra", Addison moves a bag of chips towards her and she accepts it. They again began their journey to somewhere, she still had no idea about. Both Tayler and Myra were sitting silently, only Addison's voice filled the car trying to lift the mourning atmosphere.

Slowly her eyes felt heavy and the sleep got to her.