~CHAPTER 12~

"Get inside", Eli states while opening a car door. It was none other than a sports car that welcomed us at the end of the forest. Somehow he knew where we were going.

"First tell me why are you doing this?"

"See either you can sit in the car or I can leave you here stranded for them to capture you again.

"Fine! But you will tell me the truth", she announces and sits inside.

The car starts moving. Myra looks at the side directly making an eye contact with his wound, feeling bad for him that he suffered because of her.

"It was not your fault"

"I wasn't..." He cuts her, "I could hear your mind turning".

"I am sorry"

"Don't say sorry", was the immediate reply. The quietness continues. Myra was tired of being this quiet she speaks, "So..."

"So what?"

"Tell me the truth. Why did you save me"

"Well because you were there because of me", what?

"How?" The car comes to a halt. She looks at him still confused with his words, the man still stayed quiet, "tell me!"

Without any more words he moves his left hand towards the right side of his neck and pulls on something. "Ewe what are you doing?" Just as she says this he finally pulls on something and rips off which looks like a skin.

Myra was both surprised and disgusted with that but when she clearly saw who was behind that mask she flipped, "What the fu*k is wrong with you?" Bursting with anger inside she walks out of the car and slams the door behind her. How can he be sh*tting with her like this?

"Myra..." Even though when he said her name she felt few tingling inside but the bubbling anger was more. She felt betrayed right now seeing him in front of her, being there all along. The tension that she was giving herself regarding his well being was a waste, that is why those bloody eyes looked so f*cking familiar!

She turns towards Eli, Dane what should she call him? Who was now standing outside beside his door waiting for her to calm down.

"Tell me just one thing was it fun to see me suffering there, just because of you!"

"It wasn't like that I was trying to save you", he surrenders his hands on his head. "Is there anything you have not lied about? You said you wanted to be a singer but turns out a whole a*s mafia gang is after you. You know what, leave all this is, is your name even Dane Ortiz and that bloody song was that even yours?" She looks at him and he just shakes his head in disapproval.

Tears threaten her eyes, the betrayal so felt was now at a high peak. "I am done with you", and she walks away.

"Tayler Holder!" his voice comes and she turns back to him frowning. "My name is....Tayler Holder". He continues, "and that song was really mine".

"Then why were they calling you Phantom?"

"First, you will have to get inside we can't talk about this in public", even though she was hurt she got inside, she knew that they weren't out of the danger zone and she wasn't going to let her anger and pain with him become a fault in getting them caught.

"Now tell me", as the car starts moving, she speaks.

"If I tell you this, that not only I am putting your life in danger but also you might never ever get to live a normal life again", her subconscious pfft as if her life was normal before this year!

"Tell me who are you?"

"The name Phantom was given by my department, I am an agent of IIB, I'm sure you haven't heard about that it stands for Intelligence Investigation Bureau", as a matter of fact she knew what it stands for, she had heard her previous colleagues and seniors mention them a few times. Most people call them their enemy but both the places knew the importance of each other.

"And about that song, yes I wrote it and you were the first one who heard it..." she speaks in between, "that is supposed to make me feel better?" He still simply replies without minding the sarcasm, "No but I....I always wanted to become a singer but never got the chance to do so". Myra knew there was something more to his story but she didn't pry more.

"So how did you know that I was there."

"Actually I didn't knew you were there, my mission was to be with them learn their tracks so I had gone undercover as one of them", he explains. "But when I saw Dylan bringing you in I knew something was up", he adds.

"Dylan?"

"Oh, the guy with the scar", he says."Hmm, why did he looked so pissed at you when he saw your picture?" She asks intrigued remember the fire of hatred she saw burning in the man's eyes. "Because I was the one who scarred him", why was she not shocked with this information?

"I am not even going to ask. But isn't he the Boss?"

"No he is not actually, he is the right hand man....You sure you want to know all this?" He looks at her raising his eyebrow. This was the first time he had seen a girl looked so amazed knowing the Mafia if there was any other girl she would fled up till now. "Yes"

"Myra Lane you definitely are a surprising element", shaking his head he continues, "The Boss is actually Siliansky, Mosaic Siliansky. Who is the head of Snipers, anything illegal human trafficking, drugs, terror attacks you name it and he has done it". Why she hand't heard of him until now? she thinks.

"Why is he after you?"

"I guess now we can stop this conversation. I have already told you more than you should know", he promptly stops the information and as well as the car. She looks outside and sees that they had parked in front of a motel, which didn't looked like shady Motel rather a full glamorous Hotel. "Where are we anyway?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you. Myra Lane I present you Paris"