~CHAPTER 16~

Myra opened her eyes, an empty space welcomed her, the feeling was like a bucket of cold water directly fallen on her head. Why did she even have a slight hope that he would stay?

This was the sole reason as to why she never opened up to people. She got up, rubbed her eyes, the little sleep that was left in them yet her fingers trailed absentmindedly towards her lips.

The action sends chills down her spine. The kiss! At first she thought that maybe it was a dream but then when he pulled her close, kissed her forehead everything was pure bliss.

It had been so immediate yet so gentle. His kiss was like a drug for her, but the vacant bed said a different story altogether.

She has to stop being so easy for boys to trample over her. Was she really not worth anything? Because every f*ucking time she let her walls down someone just runs over her like piece of trash, maybe she was better when she wasn't allowed to feel any emotions at all, when she was told only one thing and one thing only, not to die!

Anger burst inside her remembering all her past so called lover, one of them being the biggest of them all, Austin. How that f*cker used to command her, manipulate her in changing her own self so that he could accept her? And how she again became a fool in letting herself fall for Tayler, someone who just ran after kissing her.

Promising herself again not to repeat the same mistake, she wiped her tears and walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth and probably cry more. After brushing and taking a bath in which she tried to remove all his scent and his taste from her lips making her lips look redder, she walks out of the bath.

Changed into a black T-shirt and blue jeans with the converse, that Tayler gave her yesterday with the nightwear. Even though she hated wearing the clothes he gave her she had to. 

A back greets her as she walks out of the room. Frowning she walks a little faster towards them then thought, he probably looked like a creepy mad man she slowed her pace.

Tayler who stood there wearing black jeans with white T-shirt and Blue ripped denim jacket, was nodding at every word the girl so enthusiastically said. Myra coughed lightly when she reached them, both eyes watched her.

"Oh good she's awake", Tayler sighed with his face showing no emotions.

"Oh she's the one?" The brown wavy haired looked at her, skin fair, face round, make up looking natural and smiling with glossy lips. She was wearing blue shorts and pink mesh off shoulder top with black boots.

"Yes she's the one", he replied, his eyes still on her scanning her. She felt nervous under his stare. Still the man had a cold face with zero emotions. Why?

"I'm sorry but I am right here", Myra replied. Who does he think he is?

"Let's go", he said looking at her.

"Yes we should leave", the girl replied. She looks at me and says, "We have to go".

Are you kidding me? Why do guys have such mood swings and then say girls are complicated? "Where are we going?" Myra asked softly not to show any hint of anger.

"None of your business", the audacity of him to say something like this only made her more violent inside. Yesterday he was calling her baby and was caring for her as if she would break in seconds. Now look at the man, the moment she had entered the living room first she felt like she was disturbing something, then she was being ignored and now he was telling that any of this wasn't her business?

She took a deep breath and replied, "listen to me very, very carefully Tayler", the girl gasps, hearing his name still Myra continues, "I am here with you only because you saved me from them but in any way that doesn't mean that you get to order me around. I am not a puppet, never was and definitely not going to be. So either you start treating me with respect or I can save my own life!"

Both of them stunned hearing her yet Tayler just replied, "So you will not go?"

"Are you dumb or are you dumb?"

He sighs again and speaks, "well then I thought this wouldn't come to this but you left me no choice".

Before her mind could register his words, Tayler closed the gap between them and bend down, holding both her legs hoisted her up on his shoulder with one hand around her waist and the other behind her thighs.

"Put me down Tayler!" Myra shouted.

"Well you should've thought before running your mouth", he sternly replied. Myra struggled more, moving her legs but that only makes him tighten his hands around them.

Tayler walked with her on his shoulder and the girl behind him with a smug look. Who does she think she is and that to in front of his friend Addison, he thought to himself.

He knew it was wrong to act so cold and distant towards her but after yesterday's kiss he had to definitely put some space between them. But now that she is on his shoulder just made him realize that, that would be a little difficult.

Addison already had informed him about Dylan being near this area, also talking about someone in the system tipped his location to him. He could not even trust his own colleagues now and to make matters worse Myra was causing a distraction for him. So for revenge if it meant pushing her away, he was going to make her hate him. 

They reach a parking lot, Myra was still on his shoulder and his hands were still intact on her body. She tried squirming again which resulted in getting a smack on her bum. She felt like a misbehaved child. Weird sensations fired up her body as he had hit her and was impossible now for her to stay on his shoulder.   

"Tayler I am telling you one last time, PUT ME DOWN!!"

Immediately Tayler puts her down, the action was so instant that Myra fell on her ass. "Aghh" are you kidding me?!

"Tayler! are you alright?" The girl helps me up, smacking his arm.

"Yes....thank you....."

"Addison", I give her a short smile. Tayler doesn't respond and moves forward to a parked Tesla, which was very different from yesterday's. Just as they always say, 'a spy never leaves their trail behind'.

"Thank you Addison. I am Myra", I shake hands with her.

"Are you girls going to get in or not?!" He yells from the driver seat.

"What's did he eat for breakfast today?"

"A crow maybe", I complete her sentence and we both laugh.

They got inside the Tesla, with Myra in the back seat behind Addison and she was in the passenger seat because let's face it after today's eventful morning she wasn't ready to look at him or be any close to him.

As they moved out from the lowest level in hotel parking to the main road everyone was silent. Even when they got out it was still silent. 

Myra looked at Tayler from the side eye, taking in his every move and action. Oh how she wished yesterday didn't end or maybe if Tayler could be the same person as he was. 

His words and actions start replaying in her head and she feels bursting of emotions inside her chest. 

Bang! A loud sound rang through the air making all her thoughts disappear.