~CHAPTER 9~

"So why did he called you?" Siena looks at her with a frown. This was their lunch time for which they had came down to the famous restaurant Aroma, which according to Siena was the best place to have lunch. Even though the whole time Siena did not ask her what happened with Alistair in the morning, but as soon as they sat inside the restaurant the curious cat was out of the bag.

Only the words 'what happened?' was up for conversation. Myra tried to duck the question but it only fueled Siena's questions.

"Fine, nothing happened. He just took a small interview of mine"

"But didn't you already had the job?" She frowns indicating that Myra was lying.

"I know what you're thinking but really that's exactly what happened", she states and focus back to her eating.

"Ohk...So did you get the call?"

It doesn't take her minutes to figure out which phone call Siena was talking about. "No, actually weird", she frowns realizing that she got no calls from B.

"Maybe they finally understood the word no", Siena states smiling even though she smiles with her, in the back of her mind the question still lingers.

"How is working with Gretel Marks?" She asks with a smug.

"You knew about it!" 

"Of course I knew it was one of her previous writer that was fired"

Myra gaped at her friend how could she do this to her! It wasn't that she didn't wanted to work under a legend but how can Siena hide this from her. 

"Can I ask you something?" She asks Siena, the longing question that she has been trying to hold inside from this morning. 

 Yes"

Siena suddenly gets suspicious of the question because the way Myra was smiling it was definitely not a normal question. "Do you like Alistair?" The spoon in her hand stopped in the mid air hearing such question.

Myra instantly regrets asking such question as Siena immediately starts violently coughing. "Here....have water", she hands her the glass. The people around them starts looking at them. She rubs her back and tries calming her down.

"Oh god I'm sorry Ena......for asking such question", finally after few seconds she takes a breath of relief when Siena goes back to normal.

"Why would you ask such a question", Siena hisses under her breath. She knew the question would be outrageous but she did not expect that question.

"I'm sorry I didn't realize you would react like that", guiltiness surrounds her. She just wanted to know the answer not kill her best friend.

"But why did you think like that?" Curiosity struck her.

"Well I don't know maybe because he is handsome, has a good personality and also not a douche bag"

"I don't believe it. Guys like him are never perfect they are douche bags. They think they have power which enables them to do any-bloody-thing they want", now she feels as if she opened the wrong topic. She had no idea Siena hates him this much.

"But Siena everyone knows he is a good man. The media have the same opinion. He does not get into fights, also volunteers a lot of animal sheltering programs and is definitely never seen as the 'playboy'. So why the hate?"

"Wow you've met him once and are already defensing him!" Siena bursts. At once she interrupts her, "no it isn't like that....." But there's no stopping her, "have you ever thought that maybe all this is his plan. He owns for God's sake the biggest Media source. If anything he could easily replace any news of him".