~CHAPTER 3~

When he sit beside adjusting himself to fit his long legs their shoulders to brush, immediately the tingles that left her few seconds back comes rushing in making her gulp.

"Sorry", He smiles. Oh great! There goes my heart again. She thinks to herself as a rhythm of his voice makes me giddy. He without knowing just inserts the air pods again.

The flight starts to take off; she realized she hadn't thought this through about facing the childhood fear that she had regarding the plane take off. Unknowingly shutting her eyes tightly and grasps the first thing that comes in contact with her hand.

"You can open your eyes now, the plane has already taken off", A whisper from beside makes her eyes open after a few minutes and could see the clouds surrounding.

Removing her hand shyly with a smile she moves her sight outside.

Suddenly everything goes quiet. Should I say hello? Or how's the weather today? What are you, in sixth grade? Even six graders are better than you! Her subconscious mocks. It's been a whole fifteen minutes and her brain had already made up a full blown conversation with the handsome man yet her mouth didn't even utter a single word. It's not every day you get a hot boy sitting next to you.

She takes a deep breath gathering the courage opens her mouth only to release a loud sigh instead of words. "You..." She begins but stops. Screw it! 

The thought of distracting herself with music came in her mind but then realizes that her phone was in the bag and the bag was.....her eyes automatically look up at the compartment. Damn! Why did she put it inside that bag? Her subconscious replies, 'maybe because you knew that they would not stop calling until you accept their work!'

The men beside her moves and takes out his phone. She finds him pausing the music, turns his face towards her, asking her frowning. "Do you want to say something?"

Instead of replying Myra's mouth just freezes. After some staring and gaping words she replies in the awkward silence, "Actually.....I wanted my....phone".

The frown deepens. 'You are supposed to complete the sentence for him to answer,' her subconscious hits herself on the forehead. "What I meant was.....that my phone was...." She raises her eyebrow at the compartment.

"Oh...." finally reading my indication he replies with no frown this time, "Do you want to take it out?" What a gentleman!

Even though the idea intrigued her she couldn't, because it would not be a problem for him rather it was definitely a problem for the old woman sitting at the corner, in her 60s or 70s, having hair as snow, her face filled with freckles but still the way she sat with such poise it would put her to shame. Her aura was of strictness was not to mess with. 

"No it's okay", she silently declined and continued watching the clouds outside. Just watching the clouds for a second maker her bored. Myra knew she had to do something before her mind goes haywire, so taking a final deep breath does the most unexpected thing of her whole life

"Hey I'm Myra...." She begins.

No answer greets her back. No answer?!

Burn! She honestly did not see that coming. The whole conversation that she previously had in her mind was now a mocking her. She was finally bad at something, maybe if she had focused more on how to talk to guys and went to those frat parties where you learn to interact with other people instead of self-defense and reading novels she would've experience something called a social life.

She shakes her head as the 'what if's' didn't matter now. Talking to new people is not her skill she had to admit it.

"Did you say something?" He says, I look at him and freeze. He looks back at me frowning with one hand holding an air pod. Realization hits me that why he didn't answer me. How can you be this stupid? Her subconscious laughs. 

She immediately shakes her head because that is the first thing that comes to her mind. But the sight of him plugging those air pods back in hits her, that if she didn't spoke too quickly the whole trip would be silent and cloud watching.

"Um...actually...." He stops and looks at her.

"Can we just....talk...?" She asks. Seeing a confused expression on his face, she takes one more deep breath and begins.

"I am getting bored out of my mind watching the clouds and would probably not look up in the sky for the next week or so", the expression still intact, another deep breath. "What I want to say is that hey I'm Myra, Myra Lane", giving him his best smile and puts her hand forward hoping he would take it.

Thinking for a second and returning the smile he takes her hand, "I'm Dane Ortiz".

"If you were so bored of the clouds why didn't you just tell me? I would've taken your bag out", this was the first time she had heard him say a proper sentence and didn't want him to stop.

"Even though I really wanted you to, but I was not sure how much the woman beside you would've appreciated you getting up and I didn't want that..." Her eyes casually goes to his phone cover not wanting to stare at that pretty face too long.

A thought creeps in her mind as the words written on the back of the cover were like hitting with reality. 'I'm sorry I look interested but I'm not' somehow the words gutted her. "It's okay if you don't want to talk, you can just listen to music and I'm sorry to disturb you", she hurriedly exclaims.

All the insecurity about her being fat and dark skinned flawed crawled in her head. She turned back towards the clouds and stared.

"I thought you were bored of the clouds", His voice comes low almost as a whisper so close that goosebumps appear on her body with a chill shivering her spine.

A smirk played on his lips. "I thought that......" she begins.

"You don't have to over think so much", He simply shows off his teeth with a certain lined groves near his mouth that itches her finger to run over them however she contains herself.

"Okay, tell me Myra Lane what do you do?" Her heartbeat fastens as he calls her name, her knees feel weak. Thank God she was sitting down.

"I just got....." She straight away changes her words. "I am going job hunting in London. What about you?" She couldn't just tell him that she just got fired what a pity first impression she will make!

"Oh I am a singer actually", this man shocks her every time. Sleeplessly he adds, "Struggling"

It was as if he knew her thoughts, "You want me to sing. Don't you?" He asks cheekily.

"No I.... Would you?" Scrunching her nose she asks.

"I would love to", Then he sings.

I can't believe what I saw
I've played your games way too long
And now you all in your feelings
Regretting all your bad decisions
I'm the one you should be missin'
Things are different now....

It was as if the sweetest melody hit her ears. All her insecure thoughts disappeared from her mind only his voice rang in her ears. She felt like one of those women that used to surround Orpheus when he played the golden lyre. 

"That's it. It's not finished now but soon", hesays cheekily.

"I'm blown right now. You voice is so amazing", She blabbers.