~CHAPTER 14~

"I didn't know what you liked so I ordered Steak, red sauce pasta and some green beans", he says opening the lids.

"Thank you I like all of it", I reply taking a seat the empty chair beside him.

"So how did you become a spy", his spoon stops midair. Wow great question Myra! Her subconscious mocked.

"Haven't you heard a spy never tells his secret", he smirks. Aghh why does he have to be so perfect!

"Alright! I'm sorry for asking"

"Has anyone ever told you, you say sorry and thank you a lot of times", he raises his eyebrow. "I know, I try not to, but it just happens"

"You must be a convent girl", she looks at him with a frown. "How did you know?" Again a stupid question! What is with you today Myra? He just laughs it off.

"Don't laugh like that when you are Christian boy yourself", he looks taken aback with a same frown that she had mere seconds back.

"When we were driving here you were singing reckless love. The cross that you wear on your ear some may look it, as fashion jewelry but it means a lot more to you and the cross on the left side of your wrist says the rest of it", she explains smirking. If you want to play let's play.

His face doesn't gives away anything, "So you were watching me that carefully the whole time?" Smirking he comments but adds, "or maybe you have a habit of overseeing everything and this, is just an earring", he replies smiling.

"Then what about the tattoo?" why does Tayler have a habit of proving her wrong every single time even though she is right? He stayed quiet.

After dinner he had called room service to have their dish taken away, while she sat on the couch flipping through channels finding something to watch. "Found anything yet?" He jumps over and takes the other end of the couch.

"No, everything is in French", she gives him a bored look and passes the remote to him. "So what you want to do?"

"Can I ask you something?" hesitantly she asks, in return he nods. "Why do you still have that suitcase?" His automated reply comes, "What suitcase?" as if having no clue as to what I am talking about.

"Tayler its okay, you don't want to tell me but at least don't lie to me like that", he looks slight guilty. "I can't tell you it is confidential" and she understood why he couldn't tell her.

"Okay...I understand...." She trails off. "Okay tell me something about you", he initiates.

"Pfft....as if you really want to know", confusion clear on his face with a big scowl. "Why do you say it like that?"

"Nothing let it be", she shakes her head at him and gets up picking her plate. "Tell me Myra", she freezes hearing her name from his lips. Something ignites in her, like it did when she first met him. "Tell me why do you say it like that?" His sound is a little close to hear making clear that he was just right behind her.

Suddenly a wave of anger rushes over her, "You were the one who said I am not your type, then why?" She turns putting the plate on the table a little harshly and yells at him running back to the bedroom. Closing it shut behind her, crying she slides down the door. Why was she being so emotional right now?

"Myra tell me what happened", he bangs on the door still she doesn't reply. After few minutes the banging stops. He must have gone, she thinks.

After bawling her eyes out, slowly she calm's herself down. Maybe it was the fact that she saw him flirting with that girl and also remembered his words of her not being his type from the first time they met angered her a little. Standing up, she unlocks the door seeing no one there, walks to the bed to lie down. All this emotional roller coaster and the whole kidnapping charade have taken a toll on her making her very tired. She lies down on the bed facing sideways; closing her eyes she takes a deep breath. 

Suddenly the door opens but Myra stays unmoved. "Myra...." his voice comes softly, hearing her name again from his lips gives her a little tingling sensation yet she stays still. A part of her was satisfied with his instant reaction of being at the door just after she left and the same was annoyed at his hot & cold behavior.

"Myra I know you are not sleeping", he says but still nothing.

"Fine you don't want to answer then don't", she hears a rustling sound and feels the bed dip on the other side. Her back instantly burns with sensation of the mere thought of him being in the same bed. The fact that she was having no blanket to cover herself she felt exposed. Moving her knees to her stomach and wrapping her arms around the knees made her feel a little protected however the cool air coming from the air conditioner made her situation worse.

Unexpected heat covers her; startled she opens her eyes to a white warm blanket placed ontop of her. She looks at the side and found Tayler looking right at her. As if, the moment just froze between them, no one spoke a single word and the time stood still.  

"So you're awake now?" His hoarse voice comes. Hearing his sound butterflies flutter in her stomach. "Can you now tell me why did you say it like that?" Why is his voice so heart melting? Her subconscious screamed. 

These were the times when all she did, makes her regret of ever doing it. Every single time! There was one part of her which made her think that whatever she did was right and he deserved her anger, the same part after few minutes would cool down and make her feel as if she acted like a buffoon. 

Slowly she begins, "I am sorry.....I know I shouldn't have.....acted like that". And the weird personality award goes to Myra, her subconscious taunted.