~CHAPTER 31~

"Don't worry Alistair I know them", Austin says and Myra glares at him.

"How?" Alistair asks

"You called for work right Mr Mitchell because Gretel will kill me if I went down late", Myra interrupts.

"Yes, I've just finished a team meeting before you all were called and it was decided that we need new members in that team so Ms Ellis and Ms Myra I'm giving you both an opportunity to become a part of that team. You've already shown me that you are hard working and are a great assets for the team", he explains.

"Thank you Mr Mitchell", Both Siena and Myra say at the same time with a small smile.

"Oh please you can call me Alistair...after all we've been through hell", He says not minding the frown Austin had.

"But that is not the only reason that I called you both here..." He begins again. "I called you here because I wanted to give you a chance to prove yourself and to others that you deserve this. So on that note, the Metropolitan is organizing it's 21st Fundraiser which is for making a new home for the lost children. Every year this charity happens with a different theme and socialists come. We better empty their snobby rich pockets for a better future don't you think so?" He adds smirking.

"But what are we supposed to do?" Myra asks

"I am coming to that...everything is already prepared I just want you both to participate in that event and after the event I want you to write a page on it in the Metropolitan magazine. I want you both to add your imaginative streak to it. It's a well known fact to me that you can be great partners with each other so hence the two of you will be working together", He finishes.

"So making us write so people can brag about your good deed?" Siena remarks.

"No Ms Ellis I am making you write so that the rest of the people who weren't part of this fundraiser to donate while sitting their ass on millions", He retorts.

"Aren't you one of them?"

"Ms Ellis do you want this or not?" He frowns. 

"No we want this", Myra says making Siena shut her mouth. 

She continues, "At least you understand that friendship is important in life but some people don't approve of friendships they just think that they are just too worldly to have them in your life", Myra remarks making Austin scowl at her.

"Who?" Frowning Alistair asks 

Siena immediately pipes in, "No one...thank you for this Mr Mitchell...I mean Alistair."

"Here are your invitation" Alistair says pushing two envelopes towards them "And to help you with your writing I have Austin here who is the head architect for the new home who will inform you about all the details regarding how child safety will be implemented making it a safer home for children of all ages," He explains further.

"Isn't there anyone else who can help us out?" Myra questions, "Why is there a problem?" Alistair asks.

"No....." Myra begins but Austin interrupts her. "Yes there is for her, she is saying this because she is my ex-girlfriend!"

"Oh I see, lovers from the past", Alistair says raising his one eyebrow.

"Oh we were hardly lovers. You don't disrespect or humiliate if you love someone", Says Myra bursts.

"It was not humiliation, It was for your own good!"

"Ya, good for me was changing my whole identity and separating me from my friends. You were doing a very great job by the way," She further adds. "I'm sorry Alistair, I thank you again for this chance and will do what you've asked for but right now I can't stand in the same room as this man. Goodbye" She leaves Alistair's office.

Siena tries to go behind Myra but Alistair stops her looking at both Siena and Austin he speaks,"I hope whatever this is, it won't come between the job at hand" Siena mumbles and sits down. "Why are girls so emotional", explains Austin. "Maybe because if you men didn't have the tendency of being such assholes!"

"Mind your words Ms. Ellis", Alistair glares at her.

"You should be thankful these are just only my words!" Siena leaves the office as well.

Myra walks inside Amore, the familiar restaurant. She takes her lunch and gets out. It's been a hectic for her first the works and now Austin coming in front of her.

What is this day knowing at what level Myra can blast with anger? She says to herself.

"Are you lost baby girl?" She hears from the side of the Alley. A creepy man with a crooked smile asks.

She ignores the man and still keeps walking forward. The man's footsteps are just behind her. "Come on baby don't walk away like that!" He says snapping his fingers.

Suddenly two men appear before her blocking the entryway. Great can this get any worse?

"Boys I don't have time for your bullshit, already my day is going worst and I don't want to deal with you too today. So move away", She says softly.

The man behind her puts an arm around her neck with a knife. "Isn't this trick too old?" She asks and the man moves the knife closer. "Shut up!" The lunch in her hand falls down. 

"Look what you did that was my lunch now you've made me angry. Well I already warned you!" She says and stomps on his foot, elbows him on the nose and kicks him in the groin. He like a wounded animal with a knife howls in pain holding with other hand to his bleeding nose. 

She looks at the other two, "What are you waiting for?" 

Both the men moves forward. One of them kicks but she jumps, the other one punches and she moves aside. The first one punches her but she grabs his hand and twists it behind his back. Kicking from behind she makes him fall. The other not giving her a break lands a punch on her stomach. She looks at him with pure anger and punches his face knocking him down. 

Bam

Everything gets blurry in her sight. Water starts dropping from her nose, when she touches it and looks red color is on her right hand index finger. Slowly she turns around putting her right hand on the back of her head. Bringing her hand forward she sees blood again lots and lots of blood. Her eyes moves in front watching one of the men that she was fighting before holding a wooden slab. 

Her knees buckle making her fall from the excruciating pain. "How you like that bitch?" The man shouts. Before she could say anything her body lays on the ground only her eyes are open with the blurred sight. 

As the man walks closer to her someone's shoes block the view. Her sight closes from the concussion and the sound of the man who hit her, shouting in pain rings in her ears.