Chapter 4: New Manager

Sarah

Three days later, I finally moved into my own home. The house I actually built while I was in Paris. So when I returned to the Philippines I had what I could call my own home.

I'm complete with everything in here and out of the house. As well as my new car just arrived yesterday from Dubai. Actually, two cars. Because I was planning to give one to my manager once it arrives from Paris, because one of the most important things she needs is a vehicle for avoiding hassles.

Habang nag momoment dito sa aking malawak na walk-in closet ay naka tanggap ako ng isang hindi inaasahang tawag mula sa Paris.

"What?! What do you mean you can't make it, Amelia? You told me you would follow me here in the Philippines and then, what? Now you tell me you're quiting? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

She's so unbelievable!

Of all people, she is what I needed the most. She was the last person I expected to give up on me. And now, there she is, saying that she doesn't want to continue and she doesn't want to be my manager anymore.

"My decision is final, Sarah. And there is NOTHING wrong with me, but you? To yourself? Yes, there is. Try to fix yourself first and maybe someone else will stay in your life. I'm done enough. I did my best to be the best, Sarah." She said. And she obviously hated me.

Her words were like a knife repeatedly piercing my heart. At hindi ko ito inaasahan. It hurts, when you are constantly leaving by the person you think will stay by your side.

I swallowed hard. I was about to speak again when she continues what she says.

"So now, I'm going to clarify myself. I can't be your manager anymore and that's it!" And then she hang up.

Isang mahabang katahimikan ang namagitan sa akin hanggang sa hindi ko namalayan na inihagis ko na lang bigla ang aking cellphone sa pader ng aking kuwarto.

Napatawa ako ng mapakla sa aking sarili. Ganoon na ba talaga ako kasamang tao? To the point na ako mismo ang nagtutulak na iwanan ng mga taong nasa paligid ko?

What did I do wrong? Why do people I care about leave me over and over again?

Dahil sa hindi ko kaya ang magmukmok sa loob ng aking bahay ay mas minabuti ko nalang muna ang lumabas.

And although alcohol is cannot be in my body right now due to the upcoming photo shoot, I am more than willing to look for it. Because I want to get drunk. I have no manager to criticize me now, anyway.

I drank as much as I could. I didn't even realize how much alcohol I had put into my body. All I ever wanted was to lose those words of Amelia, who kept coming back to my mind. Those harsh words I've heard from her since I met her.

Hindi ko na rin namalayan pa ang pagtakbo ng oras. Hanggang sa maging wild na ang lahat ng nasa paligid ko. Mga kabataan na masayang nagsisigawan habang nagsasayawan sa dance floor. Thankfully, I have a cap on my head so no one can recognize me.

When Dj started his music, the surroundings became even more noisy. That's why I decided to get up from my seat and go to the dance floor. It wouldn't be so bad if I comforted myself for a moment, right?

I mean, enjoying your own company is better than talking to ramdom people or strangers.

Like the teenagers around me tonight, I was jumping, dancing, screaming as if there's no tomorrow. Until suddenly, I collided with another body and before it finally fell to the floor I quickly grabbed her in the arm.