Chapter 8 - Teasing

Armin Arlert (15)
Winter of Sophomore Year
Friday, February 14th, 4:30 pm
❤️Valentines Day❤️

❄️

   Okay... Now is the time to give him that letter I've been procrastinating!

I waited patiently at a table within our school library, reading my book quietly. Mr. Smith had kept Eren after school to talk about the horrible essay he rushed to send in and what he could do to improve it. I was there to motivate Eren to actually try and cooperate with Mr. Smith who I feel like Eren is warming up to. Plus I'm close to Mr. Smith since I always went to him to talk about problems I didn't want my friends knowing about. One main one was when I was conflicted about being gay. Since him and Mikasa's distant cousin, Levi, are married, I knew he would understand what I was feeling.

   I did look up from my book to glance at the brunet. He was wearing slim black cargo pants and a half black half pink Monveer hoodie. His hair looked freshly washed, illuminating a nice glossy shine from his disheveled, chocolatey locks. Solid white Nike Flight Legacy's protected his feet. Silver studs decorated the rim of his ear which he still kept in even if he was out of his emo-punk phase.

   Though he dressed like every other guy in our school, I couldn't deny... He looked pretty damn sexy... I can't explain how badly I wanted to tell him how good he looked. Well, I had the power to in this little letter of mine.

   Once Eren was excused from the conference, he went immediately back to annoying me just like he did when we arrived here early in attempt for me to laugh. He was trying to get me busted. He'd jokingly take my bookmark and place it in a random spot then take my glasses off and wear them himself. But this time, he started to fiddle around with my shoelaces that were loose, trying to untie them with his feet.

   "Eren, you're a pest." I rolled my eyes at him, marking where I was in my reading and placing my book down. "Hold on! I almost got it!" Eren exclaimed, looking ridiculous as he made his legs go in a bow legged stance, trying to pull my lace back.

   I look up to see Mr. Smith walking away, smiling at both of us, giving me a subtle wink. Yes... Even Mr. Smith knew about my crush. Thank you, Erwin, for your sneaky little gesture.

   My cheeks got all rosy as I looked back at Eren who soon was exclaiming in excitement. "Yes! I untied-"

   "Shhhh!" Someone hissed.

   Eren winced at the sharp shush, waving at them bashfully before looking back at me. "Ooo... Busteeed." I teased. "No, I got you. Now you're going to trip and fall all over yourself." He boasted quietly.

   I rolled my eyes and leaned down, quickly tying my shoe back up with a double knot.

   Eren looked at me in silence as I tied my shoe, soon cursing 'shit' when I sat back up.

   "You'll have to use cleats to pry that knot open." I chuckled, knowing very well that the cleats Eren used to have are way to small. "Is that a challenge?" He sat up taller, trying to wear a determined expression. "You've already lost." I proudly stuck my nose up, gathering all my things and heading for the exit.

   "Oh, no-ho-ho. No way." Eren scrambled to gather all his things up in a big messy pile, chasing after me. "I bet I can wear those cleats on my big toes and pry open that knot. Just you wait!" Another sharp 'shh' hissed from the receptionist.

   I soon exited the library, letting the front door swing close on the brunet who took the hit full on with his arm. There goes his essay, fluttering out every which way in a scrambled mess.

   He soon got down to his knees, trying to collect everything again. "Shoot. That wasn't my intention." I laughed lightly, going back over and holding the door open more with my foot, trying to help pick up. Our hands and arms bumped into each other a few times, causing my face to get all rosy. We both out let out confused noises, chuckling nervously as tried the wrangled everything.

   Eventually, we got everything cleaned up. When we both stood up and looked at each other, a wonderful, comical pause ensued. The brunet simply muttered "jerk", causing us both to laugh along with each other.

   "Hey um... Do you wanna come over to my house today? I got a couple new Switch games you might like. Maybe watch a movie together. Hell, it's Friday! You could stay over!" Eren eventually asked as we headed for the door, smiling brightly at me. "I know it's Valentines day and all so if you're busy, that's fine. It's just that I really don't want to go to Hannah's house..." Hannah was the same girl who passed us in the hallway and hissed a slur at me.

"Well... Only if you tell her you're canceling. That's kind of a shitty thing to do, though. Canceling plans to hang with someone else..." I mumbled along. "Language, mister." Eren gasped out comically, making me roll my eyes. "I'll just say I'm sick or injured. I'll cover it up." Eren waved his hand. "Please, just come over tonight. I need to get my sanity back."

   My heart stopped, causing my smile to distort into a flustered mess. "Well um... Papa and I were going to go out eat somewhere. But I could ask if you could tag along." I suggested, now walking faster to my Papa's old Hudson Hornet. "Shit, slow down!" Eren called, trying to chase after. "Papa! I have a question!" I called out, waving down my Papa.