Chapter 26 - Judgement

Warning: Alcohol, fighting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Armin Arlert (17)
Fall of Junior Year
Sunday, December 20th, 12:49pm

🍁

   I opened my eyes, seeing the sun shine brightly through the blinds of this bedroom. A soft hand was on my arm, my ears tuning in to the sound of people talking downstairs and the front door opening and closing.

   "Wake up, Ari..." I detected Eren's voice, soon realizing I was tucked into Eren's bed. I turn my head towards him, grabbing my forehead in pain when I felt like my brain was throbbing against my whole skull. "Hangover?" He frowned a bit more, raising my brow when I started blinking rapidly. "Yeah... Ugh... My contacts are so dry."

   I couldn't remember a lot of what happened last night. All I vaguely recall is Eren and I coming out. I couldn't figure out why I was in his bed but when I looked over to check if Eren slept beside me, the covers were pulled up neatly.

   "What happened last night?"

   His eyes nervously swam around the room. "Uh—"

  The bedroom door swung open, revealing Mikasa. "Everyone left. It's just you now, Armin. Um... Carla wants us down in the kitchen now." The raven haired girl's voice quivered, looking quite nervous. And just like that, she left us with an ominous "good luck."

   I sat up a bit more and shot Eren a 'what the heck' look, completely oblivious to what happened. The brunet took in a deep breath and sighed "My mom came home early last night and found us making out on the couch along with 5 other drunk and passed out teenagers. We're going to get an earful..." Eren explained as he looked down and scuffed his feet. Guilt plagued his face as the realization set in. We were caught...

   "O-Oh... Well, before we go, we're going to be truthful with her, right? We just have to tell her we're together." What I said didn't settle right with Eren, his eyes filled with disbelief. "A-Are you kidding? N-No, we can't do that. We were drunk and we kissed. She can't know the truth!"

   My eyes saddened, soon pouting at the brunet since I heard straight from the horse's mouth that he was willing to lie about not being in love with me. He still wasn't confident about being gay. Trust me... Neither am I but it's what I am and I can't change that and denying it will only cause more pain.

   I have always feared if Eren truly wished he wasn't gay...

   Once Eren saw my facial expression, he started to sulk down. "Look, Ari. I love you so much but I can't be—"

   "Well guess what? You are gay, Eren. And you're straight. You can be both. The more you tell me that 'you aren't gay,' the more trust I loose about you being in love with me!" I definitely raised my voice at him, feeling my limbs shake nervously. "Do you or do you not love me?"

   "Of course I do, Armin—"

   "How others perceive you doesn't matter. It's your life to live and control. If you love me, convince me you do and stop saying you're not gay! I've been there before. Carla wont accept you if you can't even accept yourself!" I yelled a little bit, soon hearing Carla's voice yell for us to come down stairs.

   Avoiding Eren's eye contact, I grabbed my head and groaned in pain, walking past him since I was too angry to talk to him. "Let's just get this over with." I thought to myself as I left Eren.