Chapter 17 - Reinforcement

Armin Arlert (16)
Fall of Junior Year
Saturday, October 31st, 9:28pm
🎃Halloween🎃

🍁

"Hey, bastard!" I heard a voice call out to my left. The jock eventually let go of my shirt, allowing me to crawl back and gather my barrings.

It was Eren... And Jean..?

"Heh... Seems like you're already out numbered." The jock hissed at Eren, soon approaching him in a swaggering motion.

Eren's brows furrowed as he glanced behind him. Jean soon stood by his side, cracking his knuckles as he side eyed me. "No, I think you are." Eren turned the table, immobilizing the jock with fright. "What the hell do you mean? You two are-"

"Just get the hell out of here, already." Eren rolled his eyes. But the jock went to attack Eren anyways. I watched both the brunet and dirty blond push the jock back, tumbling into a couple trash cans. The two stalked the jock until eventually, Jean pulled him up and tried to throw him aside. But the jock laid a punch right in Jeans jaw, causing Eren to lunge out and reciprocate a punch in the jocks's ear. "Fuck off, man!"

Eventually, the jock pathetically stumbled away, tripping over Jean who was on the floor rubbing his jaw in pain. Eren tried offering Jean help, but the dirty blond pointed at me.

The brunet soon started to approach me, causing me to spring back up to my feet and grab my wallet that was wide open on the ground. I've been robbed...

"Armin-" The brunet went to reach out to me. But I quickly shoved past him and ran out of the ally, hugging my wallet to my chest. I had no idea what his intentions were and I didn't want to hang around.

I looked back at the bathrooms quickly, seeing Mikasa was no where to be found. So I just kept running, shoving past people until I couldn't run anymore.

Eventually, I got myself to a fenced in cliff top that viewed over the ocean. A couple trees and benches were there meant for people to sit down and take in the view. But now, the trees had stringed lights around them, all with different festive light bulb shapes like bats and pumpkins.

Eren and I sat here all the time after school.

Eventually, I made it over to a bench and took a seat. I got out my phone and accessed the camera, seeing the slaps I received made my cheeks all red along with a bruise below my eye from a punch. The jock was interrogating me. He kept asking "why did you get Eren kicked off the football team?" Of course, that wasn't my fault. So I kept telling the truth that I didn't. Each time I told the truth, they slapped me, each time getting increasingly worse until he changed to punches. He only got one good punch in.

But then Eren saved me. I'm not even sure if that was him saving me or if he wanted to hit me himself... He must absolutely hate me.

I saw tears starting to stream down my face, sniffling lightly as I delicately brushed my aching wounds that the tears dribbled over. That was the first time in a while I've actually been punched... It hurts so much..!