Chapter 21 - Happy Birthday

Warning: Mature, sexual topics
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eren Jaeger (17)
Fall of Junior Year
Tuesday, November 3rd, 4:49 pm

🍁

"Okay. Alright. Get the jitters out, Eren. Just stay loose. Smooth. Play it cool." I muttered to myself, face full of toothpaste, messing around with my hair. I was starting to second guess my outfit now... Is this too casual?

   I wore a muted baby blue shirt that had a white hood and drawstrings. Around the elbow area on the sleeves had one with and tan stripe. I also had my black ripped jeans I loved and my solid white Nike Flight Legacy's.

Pretty soon, I heard Mikasa barge into the bathroom and said "Eren, c'mon. You look fine. Go get the door for your boyfriend. And hurry up or I'm going to piss myself."

"Okay." I groaned, spitting out the tooth paste I had and rinsed my tooth brush off. "No, I mean now! Let me take care of that. C'mon!" Mikasa danced around, already walking in.

"Okay, okay! Holy shit!" I just dropped my toothbrush in the sink with the toothpaste that I spat out.

I heard a faint gasp and heard my sister yell out my name, soon hushing her voice as I closed the door on her. I quickly jogged through my house and got to the front door, opening it for the blond.

"Hey—" I started, soon gawking at the blond. He wore an oversized grey sweater that he rolled up on his forearms. He had on dark navy pants, white high top converse hiding his ankles. His hair was in a loose bun, a couple strangler pieces hanging out in an adorable way.

"Woah..." I breathed, gulping as I gave him a wonky smile. He was looking at me in the same way.

"Woah, indeed." He agreed, eventually pulling me into a soft, harmless hug. "Happy birthday! You um... You look good..! I've never seen your hair up like that."

"Thanks. You too. Uh, new sweatshirt?" Armin curiously pulled away just enough to see my face. "Oh, yeah. Do you like it?"

"It's h—Ahh... It's good! It looks good on you." He stammered, hesitantly fiddling with his words.

We both awkwardly chuckled, our hug slowly breaking up. "It smells really good in here." Armin curiously stepped in, cuing me to get out of the way for the blond. While he was walking in, I silently took his bag that he packed for the night. "Well, hopefully it tastes as good." I gulped, walking him into our kitchen. Mikasa was leaning against the island counter, staring at her phone.

"Should I play waiter, tonight?" Mikasa jokingly asked, slyly grinning. I quickly walked into the living room and placed Armin's bag by the living room couch.  "No. We're just having a nice casual dinner." I assured my sister, soon jogging back over to the oven to open it up with an oven mitten, taking out a clear, rectangular casserole pan. It wasn't cooking. It's been done for a while. Since the oven was still warm, I let it sit in there so it'd keep warm.

"Whatchya' make?" Armin curiously leaned himself on the island beside Mikasa, receiving a little peck on the temple from her. I glared at my sister for a brief second that just shouted "no, mine", soon looking back at the dish and setting it on a towel that I laid on the counter.

"It's a Mexican lasagne. Hopefully it's good because I've only made it one other time. It's got lasagna
obviously, ground beef, refried beans, cheese, tomato, enchilada stuff and then we have a selection of toppings. Just in lasagna form." I took my mitten off and stored it in one of the island counters.