Chapter 2 - Ready, Set, Write!

Writers Note:
[Name](Age)
[Season] of [Grade]
[Day of The Week], [Month and #], [Time]
[Special Event]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Armin Arlert (16)
Winter of Sophomore Year
Sunday, February 9th, 3:26pm

❄️

   "Hey, Mika. How about this?" I unwrinkled a ball of paper that I threw into my waste basket before and read aloud to Mikasa who I was on the computer with.

   "Okay, so it says 'We've been friends for such a long time and I wanted to thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin. Though there is something I want to tell you-' Yeah no. Never mind." I gulped as crumpled the paper back up. I spun my chair around to my bedroom door where a quarter full plastic bag hung off the door knob. Aiming like I was throwing a basketball, I threw the ball of paper over to the bag, scoring perfectly. "WOO! Ten points!" I got up from my chair which danced away from me as I cheered.

   The female over the call let out a short laugh and said "Armin, you realize you're getting no where, right? Valentines day is this Friday." She was on Skype at her desk as well. Her raven hair was tied into a loose bun given she had grew her hair out again. Pimple cream decorated her face in little white smudges, a head band on her forehead to prevent any loose hairs from getting in her way.

   I sighed as I pulled my chair back over and slumped down, resting one arm on the desk and the other propping my head up in my palm. "What are you talking about? I just made a 10 pointer. That's what it's called, right?" I said, soon blowing my bangs out of my face.

   "Okay, but you have a '0 pointer' on this love letter." She mimicked the position I was in, pouting a bit. "Mikasa, I write essays. Not love ballads." I groaned, getting up to pace around nervously, hands gripping the waist of my Three Caballeros t-shirt.

   Mikasa sighed and went silent for a second as she sat up a bit straighter. "Armin, this is my brother we're talking about. Your best friend. Remember? If you really think he's going to just spit in your face after reading this, you're wrong. You guys have a tight bond that I can't even compare to."

   I let out a little grunt and said "First of all, Mikasa, You have a different special bond than him. Second of all, that's exactly why I can't say anything to him. If he does reject me, things will be really awkward between us. He's... he's my main source of happiness."

   "Ar, this is why sisters exist. I will be talking to him no matter what goes down and I'll motivate you both to work anything out. I'm helping you make this better right now, aren't I? Trust me. I have your back." She assured me, getting a bit closer to the camera. I couldn't help but sit and smile at her, admiring her motherly ways even though what she said sounded kind of funny to me. "Thanks, Mom..." I said in a quieter tone, smiling bashfully.

  "Of course, Armin. Now, let's get crackin'!" I let out a prolonged groan, leaning back in my chair to crack my back a bit. "C'mooon! Eren isn't out jogging for ever. Talk to me while you can!"

   I stretched all the way out till I could feel my finger tips touch the comforter of my bed which caused my vertebrae to send out cracks, cuing me to sling shot back up right which caused my hair to go every which way. I'm actually quite flexible since I'm a gymnast.

   I swiftly grabbed for an elastic and started to pull my hair out of my face, starting to psyche myself up. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon. I can do this. Let's go. Let's go." I muttered as I cleared my desk, smiling when I heard Mikasa whooping along.