Chapter 22 - Baby Steps

Warning: Hint to mature topics
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Armin's Journal
Fall of Junior Year
Wednesday, November 25th, 5:28pm

🍁

   Eren's back to being an outcast with us. We have a new recruit too: Jean Kristein. Jean and Marco are open about their relationship but Eren and I are still in hiding. Our small group of friends don't even know about us. But Eren has been a bit more flirty by mistake. The whole unspoken thing about my letter that got leaked really set up a lot of tension at the table. I feel like more people stare at Eren and I by the second. Waiting for us the crack and slip up. I'm pretty sure that everyone at are table suspects something. And I'm not one to like the tension of unspoken things, but this is kind of exciting.

   But whenever we feel antsy or touchy, we just meet up at the druggie bathroom. I have been getting a tiiiny bit more mischievous during my easy classes. I'll do anything to avoid the word 'ditch.' Because I certainly do not ditch. I just... take breaks to um... catch up with old pals. Maybe give them a little smooch. I don't know.

   Today, I kinda got pulled over by Mr. Smith who was curious to why I was taking so many long bathroom breaks so he's kind of on to me. But before that happened, Eren and I hit some untouched territory. During our little section, I guess, he was a bit more handsy than usual which was something new. But I didn't mind because he was so careful about it. At this point, he's learned to ask instead of act immediately because I kind of snapped at him a couple times before for grabbing... ehem... parts without permission. Then he told me that I needed to lighten up. So after the little fight, we had to set boundaries and I think we were following them quite well.

The price he paid turning into an outcast again is unbelievable. More people pick on him then I which is completely unfair. He doesn't deserve any of this. Eren doesn't really talk about all of the abuse he's been receiving though. It's not like a war was waged against him but he definitely receives hateful comments from time to time. Every time I pull it up, he shoves it away and tries to make me forget about it. I wish he'd just talk to be about it because he's not alone. I want to be able to be there for him. I want him to be able to cry on my shoulder. I want to soothe him like he does for me.

   He really is a great guy... Despite the slip ups and his stubbornness. I make plenty of mistakes too out of my ignorance. I can't tell you how many times we've smooshed noses and clashed teeth because of me. And I'm not good at flirting what so ever.

  I still tend to try and remain happy for his sake when I'm feeling beat down. There's still a wall there that needs to be broken so we're more comfortable. But everything has been going really well. I've never realized just how big of a sweetheart Eren is.