Chapter 28 - Post Exposure

Writer's Notes:
I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who's started reading this recently. I didn't exactly think this would pick up as much steam as it did but I appreciate you're enjoying so far. I'll try and update as soon as possible but I'm still trying to figure out where I'm taking this story now. This chapter will act as a little recap for you and myself since it's been a hot second since I've even seen this.
Thanks again! ❤️

Armin's Journal
Fall of Junior Year (Present Day)

🍁

   Papa should've let me off the hook but yet he did.

   I did something really stupid.

   Yesterday, Eren held a gift exchanging party with our small friend group. A secret Santa sort of thing. Long story short, Eren and I got out of the closet and everyone got filthy drunk. Including me.

   It didn't feel good, deep down, since I knew I was breaking the rules set for me and frankly, the law. But I just felt so high off the fact that Eren and I were one step closer being fully out to everyone. I kept telling myself that I was in a safe area to drink. I truly was until Carla came home sooner then expected. And to top it all off, Eren and I were busy on the couch. I wish I could say I remember that happening but here I am with a nasty hangover. At least now I know my body doesn't handle alcohol very well.

   I stayed overnight at their house even after everything that happened. Carla forced me to sleep alone in Eren's room while Eren slept in his mom's room on the floor since Carla wasn't going to give up her bed. Mikasa seemed to get the least lethal punishment since she was barely intoxicated. She was forced to sleep on the floor in Carla's room too because of how uncomfortable it is. I wish I could say that Carla didn't go around testing everyone with one of Grisha's old breathalyzer but she did.

   Yup... That's actually a thing that happened.

   But I'm home now. Papa wasn't very affected by the part where Carla caught Eren and I making out since he already knew about our relationship. Plus he told me the story, again, about how him and grandma had a child at such a young age and that he had 'no right' to criticize Eren and I getting all touchy. As for the alcohol, he wasn't pleased with me. But he let that slide too! Because of, guess what? Another life story.

   I love my Papa but man, I think he was a bit too soft. I'm mentally punishing myself better than he was just because of the guilt I felt. But I wont complain, I suppose. I bet if this happens again, I wouldn't hear the end of it.

   But that's not the case now. I just hope Eren is okay because Carla is furious...

   I'm going to stop here now. I just got a text from Eren. He's not supposed to have electronics on him...