Chapter 31 - Morning

Song: Chance Thrash - Chamomile Tea
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Armin Arlert (17)
Fall of Junior Year
Monday, December 21st at 6:12am

   The sound of sizzling and crackling filled the room, smokey bacon emitting a wonderful morning smell. One hand on the frying pan handle, I poked at the bacon which seemed just about done cooking. I knew Eren had loved them, so I was making him bacon to go along with the pan cakes I've yet to make. I wonder if he had forgotten today was a school day...

   Thankfully, I was able to slide away from the slumbering brunet, given he's a heavy sleeper. I wanted to be able to surprise him with breakfast in the morning. I wonder how he would of slept if he stayed home. It was pretty obvious what could of went down at his home. But never would of I anticipated Carla to hit Eren... Thankfully, the only bad injury seems to be his side. How in the world are we going to assess this assault?!

   I had to keep pulling myself away from the possibilities, wanting to keep my anxiety levels low. I set a goal for myself to focus on finishing breakfast so Eren and Papa can eat.

   My brain was so active that I hadn't recognized the presents of another person in the room. Startling me from my daydream, I felt 2 arms lace around my waist, someone's head resting against my shoulder with a grumpy little groan. He did cause me to jump quite a bit, but I tried to not let it show. "Good morning to you too." I giggled out, flipping over the bacon now.

   It was Eren, of course, who continued to groan into my ear, lifting his head to give my head a light peck. Well he's certainly submissive. Not that I don't like it, but he's softened up quite a bit around me lately. It's just interesting...

   "You're so cheesy, y'know that?" I hummed sweetly to the drowsy male. "Mffhh... Whadaya' mean?" The brunet mumbled  close to my ear, leaning the right side of his face into my hair. "The way you're holding me as I cook. Truly cliche." I sweetly giggled, quieting my voice down a bit given I don't really want Papa to hear us if he were to walk in. It had to be around 6:30am so it wouldn't be foreign for him to wake up about now.

   "Shh, you love it." Eren squeezed my waist with his arms, letting his hands move back to my hips. He got a bit handsy, exploring other places like my thighs, waist, just a little bit of my butt which I just wrote off as him craving physical affection. But just in case he had something else in mind, I whispered "As long as you let me continue making breakfast for you two, you can stay."

   Eren frozen up at "you two," his sigh heavily bouncing off my neck as he shoved his face into my hair. "What were your Papa's hours again?" His voice filled with reluctance, imagining that he was crossing his fingers for a better response than I was about to give him. "4:30 to 12:30."

Eren went silent, his hands retreating back to my waist as he stood frozen. Assuming he was doing the math, I pushed the frying pan off the burner and turned around in his grasp, reaching my hands up to cup his cheeks with a little peck on the lips.

His body was finally warmed up again, making my hands seem like ice when I touched him. He flinched a little bit at the temperature, making the corners of my mouth sag as I yet again remembered how much pain he had endured last night. The same solemn expression translated to Eren's eyes, causing me to lean in for another consoling smooch. One Eren was willing to drag out.

His hands continued to feel around innocently, giving my back some gentle rubs as he kept the caresses quite tame. When our lips broke away, I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a loving hug, getting all giddy at how quickly he hugged back.

Since my face was pushed up into his neck, I was surrounded with Eren's scent, causing my heart to flutter. Faint old spice mixed with peppermint and the homey smell of his house. If I had my way, I'd stay here for all eternity. Stay wrapped up in his comforting aroma.

I couldn't help but chuckle lightly when the brunet and I inhaled deeply at the same time, coddled by the hand that started to seep deep into my hair. A low hum from the brunet echoed in my ears, feeling my body fidget at how pleasing his low tones were to me. "I love you so much..." His morning grogginess made his voice all raspy as he purred into my ear, causing my heart to light aflame at how sexy he had sounded.

I echoed back quickly "I love you too," looking up to sneak another kiss. Though I had easily forgotten the state Eren was in and accidentally held on to his waist, watching face scrunch all up as he hissed. "Oh no, I'm so sorry!" I immediately jerked my hand away, wondering if now was a good time to pull away from the brunet. But he just assured me with "It's fine, it's fine. It's already feeling better than yesterday" with his arms still wrapped around my waist. Feeling better..? With that major of a reaction, I couldn't imagine what he must of been feeling yesterday. Something doesn't feel right...

"We probably should ice that again... and talk about how you got it." I sighed as the mood started to die off, soon met with Eren's lips again, feeling my bangs being brushed back. "Shh, later. Let me help out with breakfast."