The New Girl

~Monday~

My heart is racing and my palms are sweating as I rode in my dad's car to my new school. When we arrived, I saw crowds of kids running up to their friends, entering the gates, shouting each other's names, honking their horns. This school was ten times bigger than my last. Hopefully I can make friends this year. I recently got my braces off. My dad parked his car by the drive thru behind the school bus. More cars of parents dropping off their kids piled behind us. I nervously existed out the vehicle swinging my backpack over my shoulder. This was it.
"Have a good day baby," my dad said.

"I'll try," I replied.

I made my way to the gates. It was bigger once I saw a glimpse of inside. I stood there, admiring the building. My first kiss, my first Prom, graduation will all take place here.
"Excuse me!" A voice shouted from behind.

I spun around seeing three girls. The blonde one in the middle, face caked with makeup, a yellow crop top, 2 pigtail buns, and ripped denim jeans. The one on the left, less makeup, dirty blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail, black tights, and a short skimpy top. The third one, shorter, wearing a blue hijab. They pushed their way through me. I could here faint whispers of what there're saying.

"Who is she?"

"Who cares, she looks like pig shit."

Just like what my mom told me. Ignore the haters.

I found my way to the office. Opening the door where a whiff of papers and coffee kicked in my nostrils. I sat there, waiting for the Vice Principle to show me to my first class

"Hello dear. You must be Blaire. Our new student."
I looked up seeing a women wearing a pink suit walk in my direction. Vice Principle Myra.

"Yes I am," I croaked out.

She showed me a paper of my schedule. Nothing too hard this year. Math, Painting, AP chemistry, a dismissal period, and AP Lang. We walked out of the office to my first class. She asked me some questions about my home life, parents, old school. The generics. We stopped at a door. D-6 Math 3. Vice Principe Myra opened the door and my heart almost stopped. Those three girls I meant earlier were in my class!

"Good morning everyone," she began. "Mr. Myers. This is Blaire, she just transferred here from her old school to Wineyerd High." 

"Class say hello." Said Mr. Myers.

"Hello." They all chanted.

"Anyone volunteer to show Blaire around?" Asked Vice Principal Myra.
The entire room was silent.

"How about you, Angela," Mr. Myers broke the silence and pointing to the girl with a hijab.
She smiled at me.

"Perfect. I'll be going now."

The whole class waved and said their goodbyes to the vice principal.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to the class Blaire." Said the teacher.

"Ok. Well... we moved from Washington because my mom got her dream job as a Lawyer. We got a new house in Lake Water Springs. And my dad's a pottery tea-"

"A Lottery teacher?" The blonde girl in a pig tail bun interrupted. "What does he teach kids? How to waste money on scratch cards and pray to God you will get your money back?" She chuckled with her friends. I was frustrated.

"No a Pottery Teacher. He got a new ceramic studio." I corrected.

"Thank you Blaire, how about you take a seat at table 4." He pointed to the front where the blonde girl sat. "This is Porsha, Jade, and Angela.

I took my seat nervously. All three of them were looking down focusing on their work.

"Um.. hello." I said to Angela.
No reply.

"I... like your nails." I told her, trying to be nice and get her attention.

Porsha looked at Angela's nails. "They're as busted as your face."

All three laughed as I sat there awkwardly.

"Back to work," said to Mr. Myers.