The Truth

~Wednesday morning~

A crowd of girls stood impatiently by the large billboard. Waiting to see if they made it into the Wineyerd High cheer team. My heart was racing and a I could barley breathe standing there, almost being trampled by girls. After what felt like ages of waiting, Mrs. Johnson came out taping the list of students on to the board.

"The names are posted. If you see yours on there, congratulations you made to the team." She exclaimed through her megaphone.

I tried to push my way through, but the amount of kids piling up made it nearly impossible to get a glimpse. I heard Jade scream in excitement.

"I made it to the team Porsha! And you did too!" She hopped in the air.

"I know I did. I'm the best one here." Porsha bragged.

"Hey." Kalani hooked arms with me. "Let's see the board."

Once the crowd began to decrease, we walked to the front. Scanning the list, I couldn't believe my eyes. I was on it. I made it to the team! My best friend did too.

"That's not fair." I heard Jade say next to me. "Why is your name second and not first on the list, if you are the best here." She questioned idiotically.

"It's by alphabetical order retard." Porsha insulted.
"Oh... right."

"You have to tell Kevin this!" Said Kalani while clapping her hands together.

"I see him again tonight for the organization. You're coming right?" I asked.

"There's been a change of plans. It's a family thing." Kalani informed. "I can't make it. But maybe next time." She patted my arm.

We walked together to our first period math class. There I saw him. His glistening skin, perfect dark hair that reflects to the morning sunlight, his beautiful eyes meant mine. We exchanged a small smile before sitting down.

"Are you ready for our first cheer practice?" Kalani asked.
"I'm so excited. I heard we get uniforms today." I said.

Mr. Myers walked into the room and the class got to work.

~Wednesday evening~

"Thank you for joining us here tonight." My dad began. "My wife and I had always wanted to start an organization like this for the homeless shelter. This idea stretches back to when our daughter was only 2. We adopted her from an orphanage, and seeing all those kids without a proper home or will never have a home, made us want to pitch in and help. All these potteries the kids helped us paint, goes for them." He finished off the speech and adjusted his tie.

"I would like to say something too." Came a voice from the back. "This organization you guys put on really helps..." she trembles between sobs. "Really helps people like me. Last year, I lost my husband. Then my house, and my daughter and I had no where to go. But here, she can go to school. She had made really great friends. And maybe pursue her dream signing career.

I looked at Clara, sitting uncomfortably by the table with Angela. Now I understand. I slowly made my way across the room. I pulled out and chair and sat right next to her.

"Please Blaire, you can't tell anyone about this." She pleaded.

"I won't. I promise." I reached out hugging her.

"When you asked me come over, I couldn't say yes. Because I can't do the same." She began tearing up.

"No, I want you to come over. Do you want to be friends now?" I asked.

She nodded her head. I turned around to see Kevin sitting on top of the table in the back. Working on his homework. I gave a little smile, and he did the same.