The New Boy

Even though I just gave birth to my son in the past 10 minutes, I was ready for this Blood Moon Celebration. I ran out of the car, Abigail holding my baby with Kalani behind her. I had just changed into my dress.

Upon walking into the dark depths of the forest, floor lie trees stretched above us into the starry night sky. Blowing a chilly breeze into our hair. I breathe it in. A feeling of freedom and victory rushed into my veins, imagining that Porsha will be long gone by midnight. The rest of the coven, my parents, and Clara all positioned themselves in front of an enormous Pentagram, drawn onto the ground with red paint.

There, on the olive colored table were a variety of food. Most of it, I've never seen before. They all gathered in their matching black dresses, while I stood out in white. They stared at me, and my baby.

"Let the Blood Moon Celebration, begin!" Exclaimed Abigail.

Clara and Kalani led the way singing to an eerie tune. The lyrics deep and meaningful. The rest of the coven joining in.

We marched past a bridge, waves of cold water splashed on grey rocks. A beautiful sound of nature. I looked up at the pitch black sky, the moon giving off an sinister red glow. The girls stopped in their tracks when we reached an old torn out cabin. Four strangers covered in all white with a scarlet upside down cross came into view. Banging a small drum in a rhythm. They stopped and so did the signing. The sound of a crying girl begging for her mercy took over. Another man decked in all white dragged her to the center near a bon fire. Porsha.

She tried to kick, fight, push him away. But she was in a weak position. She came to a halt when she saw me. Her brows furrow, her face red with anger.

"What the hell is this?" Porsha yelled. "How did I get here?"

"Silence child." Said Abigail stepping forward, turning to face the crowd. "We are gathered here tonight on behalf of our fallen sisters, our coven, a lost family member." She looked at me. "And our youngest one yet." She looked down at my son, rocking him in her arms. "For the resurrection of Kevin O'Connor." 

Instead of cheering and hollering, the witches and warlocks gathered around Porsha in a large circle, joining hands. On the ground, I saw a cleaned golden bell. Kalani pushed me to the center. Handing me a long sharp knife. My arms and legs shaking as I grabbed it.

"What kind of game are you bitches paying? I mean look at you! Y'all all wearing cheap ass dresses. Did you get that from church? Anyone friends with Blaire are losers."

"Silence!" Yelled Abigail, causing a lighting strike between two trees. Smoke rising up into the air.

Porsha, a bit frighten now shriveled up behind the man holding her.

"Coincidence." Her voice shaken. "You think I'm scared. My biological mom left my family to join the mafia. I've seen worst."

"You won't be alive to see anything, Porsha." Said Clara, her eyes darting to the Thot.

"You're going to sacrifice me? Blaire is going to kill me? She wouldn't even hurt a fly." Porsha chuckled. The man dropped her, her legs spread out on the floor.