Notice Me

~Thursday evening~

"Your dad is coming home a little late tonight. One of the kids broke the pottery wheel and needs help cleaning up." My mom said.

"I thought they were good at it."

"Not anymore." She sighed. "Dad will pick you up again tomorrow, I have a busy day at court house. Are you ok by yourself after school?"

"Yes. I'm almost an adult." I wined back at her.

"Maybe you should get a drivers license if you are almost one." She nudged me.

"Mom!"

She poured me a glass of apple juice. "How did school go today? How were tryouts?"

"It was ok. But.. I didn't try out. You have to sign a new permission slip."

"What happened to-"

"I lost it! It fell out of my bag this morning." I couldn't control my tone.

"You lost it? That's hard to believe. Ever since we got you at the orphanage, you seem to be the most responsible toddler there." She rambled.

"That was ages ago."

I finished up dinner and went to do some last minute homework in my room before bed. I heard a knock at my door.
"It's open." I shouted.

My mom kneeled beside my desk. "If something was going on, you will tell me right?" Her voice softening in a serious tone.

"It's..." I can't bare it in anymore. "It's that transitioning to a new school is so hard." I told her. "I can't seem to make friends. No one likes me. Well, one guy talked to me but what if it's a prank to humiliate me in front of the whole school?" My words shaken as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Baby come here." She pulled me into a hug. "I understand that being new is hard, but you have to find a way to fit in. Group yourself with people like you."

"I'm trying mom." I wiped my tears.

"Why don't you give them a little gift. For friendship. Maybe they will notice you and the kind of person you are." She suggested.

"That's a great idea."

"Oh and before a I forget. Dad and I are holding an organization for the Homeless Shelter. We can paint and glaze some of your father's work for them this Sunday."

"I can get some kids in my art class to help out." I told her.

"Perfect. It would've a great way to make friends." She tucked me into bed and kissed me on the forehead.

~Friday morning~

"Blaire, you're up." Mrs. Laiden said to me.

"Attention everyone!" The class went silent as all eyes directly face me.

"Uh... my parents are running an organization for the Homeless Shelter. He needs help painting and glazing some of his piece this Sunday. If anyone would like to help."

"Anyone?" Mrs. Laiden looked around the room.

A couple of hands were raised and she handed the sign up sheet to them.

"Any of you three interested?" She went up to the Thotties.
"I'm really busy this Sunday, but I would want to go." Replied Porsha.

Con artist is what she is. I walked up to Clara who sat alone in the back.

"Clara, it would be nice if you could go. Maybe you could spend the night?" I said.

"I... really can't. But thanks."

"Aww how precious. Loser Hoe 1 is making friends with Loser Hoe 2." Porsha threw her orange color pencil into the bucket behind us. She turned back. "What?" She shrugged her shoulders asking.

~Lunch~

I wondered around the cafeteria, not seeing a sight of Clara anywhere. A dark hallway with one lit up room caught my eye. As a I got closer, I heard a faint voice of someone signing while strumming a guitar. I slowly walked in to see Clara pouring her heart out in the music room. I silently sat by a chair in the back, waiting for her to finish. She ended the song in the most beautiful way. I clapped
"That was great!"

"Thanks." She replied.

"How did you learn how to sing and play like that?" I asked.

"I used to have a guitar." Clara mumbled.

"What happened to it?" She didn't answer. "Clara?"

"I have to go. My mom is picking me up early."
I watched her exit out of the room.