Flying Home

I dashed out of the woods, nearly drowning in a river, and being tangled by limbs of tree branches after an unsettling car ride with Abigail. I looked over my shoulder, praying the girl wouldn't catch me. I saw a small glowing light shine through the distance. I was home. Yes! I survived the Zacred house. I'm never having a sleepover over there again, or until Abigail moves out. I fumbled with my house key to unlock the door. The only light that was brightly on, was the living room. I had to tell my parents the whole story. I had to convince them to fly all the way to New England. We have to sacrifice Porsha in order to bring Kevin back. I walked in. My parents in a deep conversation on the couch, their backs turn towards me. My dad noticed me first.

"Blaire, I thought you would stay the night." He sipped his drink.

"Is everything ok, baby?" My mom asked.

I walked over towards them. "Yes. There's been something I need to tell you." I took a seat by the T.V.

"We were just discussing it before you walked in." My dad said, eyes glued to a newspaper.

"Dad, is that..." I lean in closer to get a glimpse of what he's reading. "That's the news article I found at the library. About the blood moon sacrifice."

"Yes, baby. We found it in your backpack. After your adoption, we didn't know how to tell you." She started, then sigh.

"We didn't know you were one of them, and they never told us who your real parents are." Included my dad.

"Don't worry. I know who they are. Kalani told me."

They stayed silent.

"Mom, dad. It's a long story I know most of the answers, but we have to fly over to New England by next week. It's urgent."

My dad reached into his pocket and pulled out three delta plane tickets.

We flying baby.

~summer break~

At last, summer has arrived. Even though I skipped the last two weeks of school and missed the final exams, but that doesn't matter. My family and I spent the entire morning packing our bags before we head off to the airport tomorrow. The time has come for me to revisit my past. I shoved articles and the lunar eclipse book into my duffle bag, hopefully I can show them to Kalani. Or her mother. I started folding my clothes, when suddenly I felt extremely nauseous. The same feeling after I drank my own blood with mysterious chemicals during my transformation. I ran to the bathroom to throw up. Brownish orange liquid came out of me. Then, it was back to packing. An hour later, I felt deeply hungry. As it, I haven't eaten in 3 years. I raid the fridge, some foods made me even more nauseous, while others I could already taste. This can only mean one thing. I had a flashback to Prom with Kevin in the bathroom. Time to start a family vlogging channel!

My dad had to run a quick errand to the connivence store, I tagged along with him. While he looked at the toothpaste aisle, I walked over to the Pharmacy section. There it was, a small pink box with a stick inside. Before anyone saw, I quickly grabbed it off a shelf, pulled out a 10 dollar bill from my pocket, then ran to the cashier before my dad suspected anything.

~5:30 pm~

"This can't be." I whispered to myself in the bathroom. I held the test closed up to my face, squinting at the results. It came back positive. How am I going to tell my mom.

"Blaire, your friends are here." My mom called from the kitchen.

I threw the box in the trash, and kept the stick in my pocket, then ran to the door. Kalani and Clara stood on my front door step, looking mildly concern.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them.

"I told Clara." Began Kalani pointing to the girl.

"That I'm preg...I mean." I shook my head. "That we're...witches?" I questioned her.

"Yes." Replied Clara. "And I'm going with you guys to sacrifice Porsha. I always dreamed to see her fall apart."

I invited them into my bedroom. I don't want to keep anymore secrets from my two best friends. My life would of been different, if I never meant Kalani nor Clara. I pulled out the stick, then handed it to them.

They looked puzzled, then both their eyes widen.

"Is this a prank?" Asked Kalani.

"You hoe bag, why didn't you guys wear protection?" Questioned Clara, her voice audible for my parents to hear.

"Shhh." I silence them. Not wanting my parents to be involved. Just yet.

"Um, congratulations." Said Kalani.

"No. You don't have to congratulate me. My parents would kill me. They had enough problems after moving here dealing with me and school." I was too numb to tear up.

"Are you gong to keep it." Asked Clara, her voice softening.

"I have too. It's the only thing I have left of Kevin. If the sacrifice doesn't fail."

~New England~

After an excruciating nauseas ride on the plane, we had arrived at New England, Massachusetts. My birth place. We checked into a 3 star motel, two ripped out beds, dirty curtains, stained carpets, and an old box T.V with antennas. A got a text from Kalani to meet us by the orphanage. After a quick breakfast, we drove down an empty street to a large abandoned house, the walls covering in thick green ivy, stretching to the tall arch like roof. The light green lawn, untouched since the last person stepped foot here. Numerous rolls of dark windows sat on each side of the building. My parents had some secret business to run. They refused to tell me what it was.

I stepped out of the car, a warm breeze hitting my face. I pulled out the article where Kalani's mother stood with the title Sacrifice for Love. Trees and bushes surrounded this building. The only orphanage kept away from a society of mortals.

"You're friends are meeting you here right?" My mom asked. Hand on the steering wheel.

"Yes, mom." I told her.

As they drove off to the distance , I got straight to work. Before Kalani and the others arrive, I plan on entering the abandoned orphanage. I walked to the door, the stairs nearly breaking off as I too each step. The mossy green door covered in dirt. I nudged it several times before it creaked open, revealing a dusty floor, wooden planks, a rolled out old fashioned carpet, a broken picture frame of the children, and candles. Lots of them. I climbed the stairs to the second floor, seeing many dolls scattered across the area. I pushed open one door that led to a bedroom. Bunk beds filled the rooms, stained sheets and dirty pillows sat on top of them. According to my parents, this place had been abandoned a year after I was adopted. Why?

I walked up another flight of stairs, leading to the attic. An old rocking chair with something on it. I got closer, seeing a book with a goat head on the front cover holding up two fingers. Book of the Beast. The moment I touched this book, candles arranged on the floors magically lit up, cold wind blew into the room, dust getting in my eyes and nostrils. I heard a deep voice call my name.