Revenge

~Monday Night~

"Light as a feather, stiff as a wood, light as a feather, stiff as a wood." I chanted, pressing two fingers in the air, trying to lift up a green furry pen with googly eyes. It moved slightly, staying on top of the desk. I stayed over at Kalani'a house, wanting to get answers straight away.

Her sister swung the door open, I saw her reflection in the mirror.

"Child, are you sure you don't want him cremated?" Abigail said, walking towards me.

"I'm sure. His parents decided. Not me." I told her, placing the pen back into the tan cup holding them.

She took a step closer to where I sat, placing her hands on my shoulder. "The transformation worked wonderfully didn't it? You were extraordinary lucky that he found love, while seeing the true you."

I started to feel uncomfortable with being in the same room as Abigail. Thank god Kalani walked in, carrying a bowl of popcorn.

"Abbey, what are you doing in here?" She asked.

"I came in here to check on you. Then saw your friend instead."

"We were about to watch a movie. Oh, and I locked the virgin downstairs for the Blood Moon Celebration. You can go see him if you want."

"Good girl." She whispered then left the room.

Kalani noticed me watching her, listening to that disturbing conversation. "Don't be intimidated by Abigail. Her favorite story is The Little Mermaid. The original tale though." She sat on the carpet, preparing to turn on a movie for us to watch.

We settled on, "The Princess Switch."

I couldn't focus on any dialogue of this film, my mind was overflow with questions about the celebration.

"Hey, Kalani?" I tapped her shoulder.

She turned away from the screen to look at me.

"What is this...blood moon about?" I asked, starting slow.

"You don't know? It's sorta like..." she waved her hand looking for an answer. "Like the lunar eclipse when the Moon aligns with the Earth's shadow."

"I know that. But why do you guys celebrate it?" I asked losing patience.

"Have you read the Bible? It's when us witches get stronger. Since you're one of us now, maybe you could join?" A large grin plastered across her face.  "Sacrificing mortals helps with that."

"I would love to. But you don't understand, Kalani. I've been dying to tell you this for so long." I got on to my knees. My voice rising.

I saw a panic in her eyes.

I pulled out phone from my duffle bag. Nearly breaking the screen from tapping too hard, I pulled up the photo of the orphans. "This. This is where I came from. It's an orphanage in New England. Where you guys sacrifice people. I saw an article about it at the library. 'The Farrington Orphans.' Your mom was standing outside of the house." My chest heaving as I took each breath. Finally getting it out me after holding it in for so long.

Kalani's eyes widen, she stood off the floor, brushing popcorn stuck on her shirt.

"You're... a Farrington?" She asked as if I was a mystical being.

"That was my last name before I was adopted. Blaire, Circé Farrington." I moved closer to her. She stumbled back to the wall. "Kalani!" I cried out. Perplexed.

"Do you know what this means?"

"No, that's why I stayed over. Hoping to get answers."

"You're the child of the Dark Lord." She told me.

"Who is that? I saw it in the article about saving infants from the blood moon from him.

"Lucifer Morningstar." She got down on both her knees. Bowing, similar to what people do when a Royal passes by.

"Sister, emergency!" Shouted Abigail from downstairs.

We both ran to the basement. I nearly fainted as I came into view of what laid on the cement floor. A man, his body spread out like a star fish, face down, blood trickling from his abdomen into a puddle. Kalani's brother, standing above him, his small lips covered in red blood stains, holding a knife in one hand.

"Lucious!" Kalani cried. "Mom! Lucius ruined the celebration."
Mrs. Zacred ran downstairs to witness the scene. Her expression, frustrated with her son.
"Lucious." She walked up to him. "We were suppose to sacrifice him later. Not now." She told him calmly.
"But I was hungry." He replied back. His voice high pitch and angelic.

Kalani dragged me and Abigail back up to her room. What the hell goes on in this house? I thought witches make potions and ride broomsticks. Not commit cannibalism.

"That scene must of traumatized you, child. We deeply apologize." Abigail said to me, sitting on the bed.
"It's fine." I brushed it off. "Anyways, Satan is my father?" I asked shocked.
"What the heaven are you girls talking about?" Abigail asked.
"She's a Farrington, Abbey." Kalani said pointing at me.

She looked at me gasping.
"This is making me more confused." I told them.
"You're the child of the Dark Lord. Our lord and savior, your mother is Lilith." Abigail got off from the bed, hugging me.
"Is that a good thing?" I asked.
"Very good. You came directly from the underground, born on the Blood Moon." She pulled away from me shaking of happiness.

"Does that mean, all the kids in the orphanage are witches too?"
"All kids with the last name 'Farrington' comes from him. You were the lucky ones that get to pounder Earth instead of being trapped in stone." Said Kalani.
"So, I came from Hell? Does that mean I'm going back there?"
"Only if you sign your name in the Book of the Dark Lord." Replied Kalani.

*Long story short. I was born a witch on the day of the Lunar Eclipse. Then got saved by a pack of Christian women and brought to an orphanage in New England. Then got adopted by my two lovely parents. Only to discover that I had the ability to move things with my mind, which occurs every time a witch is 17 on the Full Moon. Riverdale Writers, get on my level with confusing cliche writing.*

"That's basically the story." Said Abigail. "We return back to the forest by the orphanage to sacrifice someone this month, in order to bring one of our fallen sisters back to life. Stuck in their own lifeless bodies underground for decades." She crossed her arms, then looked out a window.

"The problem is. We have no one to sacrifice and time is running out. Our coven would be disappointed." Added in Kalani.

"Does it matter who you sacrifice?" I asked suspiciously.

"No, but virgins make us feel rebirth. It could be anyone." Replied Kalani, eating some left over popcorn in a bowl.

I faced them. "Let's sacrifice Porsha."