Why me?

~Thursday~

I sat quietly at my desk, analyzing a poem, attempting to not make eye contact with Porsha. The door creaked open and a blonde woman with a messy pony tail walked in. She wore a blue tracksuit carrying an orange folder.

"Sorry for the interruptions. I'm here to collect permission slips form for cheer tryouts."

I took my slip out of my bag.

"Anyone mind collecting them?" Asked Mr. Beck. "Porsha!"

Her hand was raise in the air, catching his attention. She took her slip out of her binder, then got up from her chair holding her hand out.
"Come on Blaire don't me shy." She quickly snatched the paper out of my hand.
"Permission slips anyone?" She went around the room.

"Thank you, Porsha." Said the Cheer coach placing the forms inside of the orange folder.
A static sound erupted through her walkie talkie. She held it close to her face. "Now? Ok. I'll be there." She had a look of concern. "There's a bit of problem in the girl's locker room. I have to take care of it. Any volunteers want to run this to the office?" She looked around the classroom.

"How about you Blaire?" Mr. Beck asked.

"Um... ok."

Porsha looked behind her shoulder, staring at me in annoyance.
"Sorry," she said after slamming her body into me.

"Thank you, Blaire."

I walked around the table and felt a sharp stab against my ribs. I looked back seeing the thotties with a smirk on their face.

I dashed out of class and into the nearest bathroom. Locking the door and throwing the folder down. I took off my sweater to discover a pencil led piercing into the side of my ribs. I gritted my teeth as I pulled the object out.
"Fuck you, Porsha."
I heard a heavy creaking noise, follow by footsteps enter the bathroom.
Peaking through the cracks, I spotted Porsha fixing her hair in the mirror.

"Hey, what's that?" She strutted towards the stall I was in.
Frighten, I stepped on top of the toilet seat, pressing my back against the wall. Praying she would leave.
"I thought this was suppose to go straight to the office." She picked up the folder then repeatedly attempted to nudge the stall door open. I held my breath. Eventually, she gave up and left. Taking the folder with her.

I quickly put my sweater back on to catch up with her. I spotted the girl by the office handing in the permission slips.

"Porsha." I called her name. "Porsha, why did you do that?"

"Why did you leave it on the bathroom floor? Don't worry, I took care of it. I'm not an irresponsible bitch." She spat out.

~Cheer tryouts~

"Alright, Britney Allen, Porsha Anne."

"Present!" She Shouted.

"Thank you. Kira Brooks, thank you. Everly Thomson, perfect."

I sat on the cold metal bleachers as Mrs. Johnson took attendance.

"And Kalani Zacred." She finished off. "That's the last one. Did everyone watch the video on the cheer routine?"

"Yes Mrs. Johnson." The class said in an unison.

"Nice job. We are going to get started. But first, warm ups. I don't want to see any injuries this year. Stretch it out. When everyone's ready, we will rehearse as a class. Then the cheer captain will call you one by one to begin our Try Outs."

Everyone on the bleachers cheered as they got up and ran to the field.

"Blaire, I need to talk to you." Mrs. Johnson wagged a finger at me. I inched my way down to where she was standing.

"Did you give me a permission slip?" She asked.
"Yeah I did. You saw me hand it in."

"I don't see it." Her brows furrowed.

"There has to be a mistake." I glanced down on her clip board, not seeing my name in plain sight.

"I'm sorry. You need a permission slip to try out. I can give you a new one after this period is over."

"Oh. Is there makeups?" I asked.

"Yes. Next Monday in fifth period. But for now, you have to sit this one out Blaire."

I nodded.

"Stretch our your quads girls."

My eyes began to sting, my lips trembling as I desperately tried to hold it in. She took my slip out.
I wanted to knock that girl out and dissemble her limb by limb.

"Hi," I saw a skinny white boy with gorgeous black hair climb up to me. He was in his swim trunk.

"Hi." I replied back to him.

"Why aren't you trying out?" He asked.

"I lost my permission slip." I told him.

"Get a new one. A girl like you will definitely make it in the team."

I smiled back. "Thanks."

"You're in my math class. Mr. Myers 1st period?."
"Yeah I am."

"Kevin." He told me. "I'll see you tomorrow in class." Kevin climbed down the bleachers and back to the swimming pool.

"Bye." I said under my breath.