Cheers to a "perfect" school day.

I found my dad's car parked in front of the tennis ball court. I swung open the door, plopped myself in the seat, and threw my backpack in the back.

"How was school?" He questioned.

"It was ok." I answered him quietly.

"Hey, are you Blaire's dad?" A familiar voiced asked. I looked up to see the Thotties standing by our car.

"Yes I am."

"She's a lovely girl. We want to hang out with her after school some time." Porsha spoke angelically.

"That's great! She's in need of some new friends." My dad told her.

They walked off to Porsha's car laughing.
"Don't trust them dad."
He looked at me strangely.
I shook my head. "They can't be trusted."

"Hey Clara over here!" Jade shouted.
"Ew what a hoe, who wears that hat." Porsha criticized.
"Is that your mom's sweater?" Angela pointed.
"She's such a freak." She walked passed my dad's car, with her head hanging down and trembling.

~6:40 pm~

I sat on my bed contemplating my school day. It was only three girls, not the entire school. I chewed on my nails as I logged in to my computer. What if they humiliate me again tomorrow? It's best if I drop out. But parents will never let me. I googled "home schooling" and found an article to convince my parents. But what about cheer tryouts?
"Blaire! Dinner." My mom called.

I left my room and entered the kitchen. Grilled chicken and Cesar Salad was display on the table. I took my seat close to the wall and my parents joined in.
"I'm dying to know. How was school?" My mom asked.

"Me or Blaire?" My dad jokingly questioned.

"You can go first Mike."

"The new studio was smaller than the old one. I had about 20 students. Damn we're they good with the pottery wheel."

"That's nice. What about you Blaire." My mom stopped eating, waiting for an answer.

"It was ok." I told her.
"Just ok?"

"How was math?" My dad asked.
"I learned most of it from my old school."
"It's good to be ahead." My mom said.

"She also meant three new friends." My dad added.

"No, there not my friends. Just some kids in my class. But, hey did you know that more parents are starting to homeschool their kids?"

"Really?" My dad spoke sounding skeptical.

"Yeah. It relieves stress and anxiety. And you can work your own pace. There's a higher chance of you getting into a good college."

"Did something happen at school sweetie?" My mom placed her hand on my shoulder, a serious tone in her voice.

"No it's just.." I took a bite of my chicken.
"Isn't your school holding Cheer Tryouts?" My dad looked at me.

"Yeah, but I also want to join."

"You can't try out for cheer if your homeschooled." He chucked.
The doorbell rang.
"I'll go get it." He left the table and walked towards the door.

"Don't you need permission slips to try out?" My mom asked.

"Yeah. There in my backpack."

"Blaire, it's one of your friends." My dad said.
My heart skipped a beat.

"Go talk to her, invite her in." My mom attempted to pull me out of the seat.

I faked a smile, my legs shaking as a I walked to the front door. It was Angela.

"This is yours." She handed me a brown bag. I peaked inside and pulled out some cards.

"My poetry cards?"
"Porsha told me to take them out of your box while you weren't looking." She stared off to the side. "My brother found them in my bag."

"Did he make you apologize?"

"Yeah." She said turning back to look at her brother in the streets. "Also, I'm banned from going on social media for a week." Angela rolled her eyes at me. "I have to get going." She ran off the porch and into her brother's car.

I closed the front door walking in to my room. A rush of warm air hitting my face. I saw one that catch my eye.

"To Blaire,
Blood is red, bruises are blue. Maybe I'll
Come to your house. And give something to you.
-you know who"

I threw the card in the trash.
"Here's the permission slips." I handed the paper to my mom as she walked in my room.

"I'll sign it tonight, and give it to you tomorrow morning." She smile warmly. "What did your friend say?"

"Nothing!" I snapped and walked out.