Chapter Eleven.

10.30 by pm.

Jasper's Point of View.

I stuffed my face with the noodles, enjoying them actually. This restaurant offered some of the best noodles I had ever tasted. I could not stop thinking about them. To me, they were the best thing about Dystopia so far. In the past month I've been here. I loved them. The place reminded me of Swellview somehow. I couldn't help but miss it, realizing that I had gotten into so much danger here than I ever had in my entire life.

From nasty guys AND from my best friends. Ugh! Maybe Veronika was right, I needed to leave. I already had a fight with Henry so either he made amends or I stopped being his friend altogether. I never signed up to be anyone's punching bag or anything like that. Just then, I heard some glass shatter on the other side.

"Leave me alone!" I heard a feminine voice saying. "I promised you I'll bring you food later." That voice was oddly familiar.

"You need to calm down and let me go you psycho!"

"Want a piece of me?" A masculine voice said threateningly.

I walked over to the back of the restaurant and saw a large tattooed man surrounded with his cronies in front of some girl.

. The gargantuan man was wielding a pen knife while the rest held knob berries. The enormous man was choking the girl.

"Go ahead Arasha, kill me and your hopes for food will die along with me," the girl strongly and defiantly said.

"What are you waiting for?, do it."

"Maybe I should kill you American, after everything you and your people have done to this country," the one called Arasha said sneeringly, in a voice riddled with a heavy Dystopian accent. He lifted his pen knife. I will not let that happen. I checked that no one was watching and blew my changing and sleeping gum. I would save her, in my sleep, as the Red Dozer. See when I'm asleep, I still see everything happening as if in a dream where I can speak Spanish. Then when I wake up, I see that I've already done the damage.

However, just as he was about to stab the girl, she swept her foot over the knife as it flew out of his hand and landed on the other side of the room.

"Dejar a La Niña sola," I said. Arasha and his cronies turned around, smiling menacingly. The girl was Veronika.

"Ah, call yourself the Red Dozer, I will make you doze forever then filthy American," he spat out. He balled his fingers into a fist. I saw metal rings adorning his fingers.

"You hold the girl," Arasha said to one of his cronies. He held. Veronika tightly in an armlock.

"Hey, let me go, let me go, I'm warning you.  I'll get you what you need, just please don't hurt anyone," Veronika tried to plead.

"No, first I kill your American playmate here, then I kill you," he said, his voice dangerously low. He cracked his knuckles and wheezed. He curled his fingers into a tight fist and sent a hefty punch straight across my face. My head turned the other way, the punch made even more painful by his rings. I prayed that that pain wouldn't be strong enough to wake me up cause if it did, then I was done. With my face the other way, he tried to punch me again, but I dove and missed it, punching him in the stomach instead, releasing a heavy whoosh of air from him. He was disoriented, and I took advantage of that, sending a kick right across his face. He lost his balance and held on to the wall for a slight moment. He stared at me, angrier than ever, his mouth all bloody. Veronika struggled at the other end with the two sizeable men gripping her.