Chapter 10

Chapter 10: 20th Birthday

Yeji's POV

Today's my birthday! I'm already 20?! I feel so old now!

I was thinking how should I spend my birthday? I don't know much people here in Seoul, yet. I only know my Family, well, that's kind of obvious, and the Girls from School.

That is Lia, Ryujin, Chaeryeong, and Yuna. But the problem is even though I want to celebrate with them, I can't! Cause I seem to forget to ask their phone numbers! Argh! How can I miss out in that perfect opportunity to make friends?!

Anyway, since it's my birthday, I'm just going to ask Hyunjin to accompany me to the Mall. And he can't say no! Because it's my birthday and probably because this is the first time I've seen him in Months! Or maybe Years?

Eh. I lost count, but At least we'll be staying under one roof again, and he'll be looking for a job, soon as well. Although we have different timetables or schedules, were still going to go and try to see each other that are going to be sure for both of us.

Now, that I'm already done talking about myself, I'm going to go and take him off, his bed, while he is maybe sleeping, or maybe hugging his teddy bear. I quickly went in his bedroom, and to my surprise he was on his computer. I really thought I could wake him up, like how I used to.

Oh, well! I quickly went to him, but he quickly stood up and said something that surprised me.

"Morning Sis! Happy 20th birthday!" He said, happily, while giving me a gift and smiling.

To be exact, I was a bit shock, since this is the first time we've seen each other for a long time and he still remembers my Birthday. Because, I haven't celebrated my birthday with him, for a very long time. I suddenly got tears on my face. He quickly panicked, as he saw his very own little sister crying.

"Y-Yeji! Stop crying!" He said in attempt of trying to make me stop crying.

"H-How?" I asked him, still in tears.

"I don't know just stop crying! Mom, might kill me if she saw the birthday girl crying!" He said, when he said that, it suddenly made me laugh.

"E-Eh?!" He said surprised.

"Yeji! Are you even okay?!" He suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Of course! Why made you think that I wouldn't?" I asked him back, while fixing myself. Because, I might look like a mess when I go down later.

"Because you were crying but then it suddenly turned to you laughing." He said and acted as if he was scared.

Oh. So that's why I guess he thinks, I'm a madman eh, whatever.

'He is a Madman himself.' I thought, and mentally laughed.

"Anyway! Hurry up! We're going to the Mall today!" I said, while smiling.

"Okay, okay. I know you know that I can't say no to you on your birthday." He said, and sighed in defeat.

"Just let me get ready." He continued and left to change his clothes.

***

Well, that took longer than expected. Whatever was here now. While, walking in the Mall, I thought I spotted something, no a somebody, in the distance.

***

And it was true, it was them. Without even thinking twice, I quickly ran to them, leaving my brother alone, but knowing my brother, he would follow me.

While getting to them, I was, trying to squeeze out of the crowd and at the same time, trying to call their attention. When they looked at my direction, I quickly waved my hand. They looked surprised let me tell you that. Then they suddenly ran up to me and hugged me. I was greeted by warm hugs and greetings.

"Hi Yeji!" Everybody said, in unison. Taking the attention of some people near us.

"Hi! Everyone!" I said, greeting them back.

But, every good thing has their end, and that's when my big brother stepped in.

"There you are! You made me have a heart attack! You Hwang Yeji! Just wait and see until I tell your parents about this!" He said, and started acting as if he's my babysitter or something.

"Umm... Sorry for ruining your date..." Chaeryeong said, while looking down.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

『• • • ✎ • • •』

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

So, in the old version of the book, Hyunjin was still a Student, right? But, now he is a person who's looking for a job. Because what Kiki eonni said, made sense.