Chapter 19

Chapter 19: A New Friendship?

Yeonjun's POV

So, she knew all this time but never told her parents or us?

Does she even consider our friendship?

I thought that maybe we can still fix our broken friendship.

But, maybe it's too late.

"Hey. What are you doing there?" A feminine voice shouted.

I knew it wasn't me, so I didn't look. But, before I knew it somebody was standing right in front of me.

"Hey! I was asking you earlier! Didn't you hear me?" The female voice said.

"Who are you?" I said, I didn't look up.

I quickly stood up and walked away.

"Hey! Yeonjun! It's me Yeji! Don't you remember me?! Are you having Amnesia?!" She said.

"Pretty sure, that I don't. At least I don't think so." I said, continuing to walk away.

"Why are you so cold?!" She said.

Those words. They struck me by the heart. Nobody said those words to me in a very long time. She was the only one who can call me that. I looked at her. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Fine! You want to know, why?! Meet me at the rooftop later, dismissal time!" I said, and walked away towards our classroom.

***

Yeji's POV

Why, did he want to meet me here? Does he really hate me that much?

I don't understand him anymore. I know what he did back then was cruel. But, seeing that he changed so much, while I was gone. Made me think that maybe he had a reason for doing that thing.

I'm a bit early than him so, I think I'll wait.

***

I looked at the door, it hasn't been moved since the moment I got here.

I guess, I'll just leave.

I was about to leave when the door was suddenly thrown open. I looked at the door, and there was a sweating Yeonjun.

I quickly went over to him, and gave him a towel, that he can wipe his sweat with. Once, I was about to give him it. He gave me a glare, not just a normal one though. It was his famous death glare.

I looked to him, maybe he changed.

I think he changed for the better, because of me.

And he also changed for the worst, because of me.

I was about to cry. But, I didn't want him to see me, cry like when I was child. I didn't want him to see, that I didn't changed. That I'm still that big cry baby.

But, no matter how I try to fight it back it'll always come out. And it did. Once, it did, I couldn't stop it. I kept on crying and saying, sorry to him.

Yeonjun's POV

I heard crying, so I looked over to Yeji. I saw her crying, and she was also saying sorry, again and again. So she didn't really change. She's still the same baby Yeji, I know.

Without knowing that, I was already smiling like an idiot who found something precious to him. Well, I did. I found the one thing that can make me, skip heart beats. It was Yeji.