11: Clothes For The Bird

"Boss!" With a slam, the blacksmith's shop door was opened, revealing Naofumi, with Filo behind him. Beside Naofumi, was You and Raphtalia.

"Master... who is this man?" Filo asked, lifting her hand to point at the blacksmith.

"Don't point at people." Naofumi told her. She dropped her hand as the shopkeeper sighed.

"So, you've come to brag about buying another good slave?" He asked.

"Nope. This is..." Naofumi was stoped when Filo began to sniff the air.

"I smell... food." She stated.

  "I got a sandwich in the back waiting for me! Wanna bite?" The blacksmith started to walk into the backroom, emerging with a large sandwich.

  "That's not a good idea..." you warned. Alas, it was too late.

  "Thanks!" Filo grabbed the sandwich, pushing up the cap you put on her head.

  "Wait, Filo-" Raphtalia tried to grab her,

  "It's fine missy. How big a bite could she take anyway?" He asked. Big mistake.

  With a cloud of dust, Filo grew, becoming a bird.

  "Time to dig in!" In one gulp, the sandwich disappeared down her throat.

  "It was so-so, I guess." She stated. You sighed, shaking your head.

  "Dammit, Filo." You muttered. The blacksmith, in the meantime, was on his butt in shock of the sight before him.

  "Sorry about that." Naofumi grimaced, looking at Filo.

  Filo began to wander the shop, pecking at various shields and suits of armor.

    "So, what's her deal?" The blacksmith asked.

  "According to the slave merchant, each flock of Filolials have a king or a queen leading the flock." You got to explaining.

  "It's a long explanation, but basically, they have the ability to disguise themselves as not only normal Filolials, but also humans, which none of us expected. And as it turns out, Naofumi accidentally got one." You told him.

  "Interesting..." the boss scratched his beard, thinking about it as Naofumi spoke up.

  "What's more, they need a special crest to be tamed." Naofumi began to flash back to getting her the crest.

  "Once again, I had to rely on Y/n to pay for that. It almost failed too, because Filo was resisting with all her might. And this was all at level 19, mind you." Naofumi pointed out.

  "Imagine if she was level 70." You absentmindedly spoke, inspecting another weapon the boss made.

  "Anyways..." you nodded to Filo, who was staring intently at a dragon decal on a shield.

  "As you probably figured out by now, Filo destroys everything she puts on whenever she transforms. Went through three sets of good clothes before I decided it was hopeless." You told the shopkeep.

  "What he said. Do you sell any clothes that can at least change size with her?" Naofumi asked.

  "Well, sorry to say, but I'm not a clothing shop." He told Naofumi. Naofumi looked from him to Filo, then back to him.

  "Are you saying I have to take a naked girl that can turn into a monster outside?" He asked, bewildered. The shopkeep turned away for a moment, a grin growing on his face.