Awake

We walk into my apartment and sit down in front of the coffee table where I had arranged our plates and glasses.

He smirks pointing at the set up "and what would you have done if I said no?"

"Oh I knew you would say yes. Just kidding I would just eaten your food after and cried."

We laugh and serve ourselves and I begin playing the Hope World mixtape before digging in.

"Soooooo" I begin "please fill me in on the last few weeks of your life."

"It's been pretty busy actually. I am applying to internships and jobs now and have even scheduled a few interviews for Spring Break. Everyone will be busy getting drunk and I'll be wearing my suit and tie, completely sober."

"I am so excited for you! I can't even imagine that feeling of graduating in a few months. Where have you applied so far?"

"Yeah it's kind of surreal, I can't believe time has passed by so quickly. And I applied to a few companies here in LA. But..most of them are back in Korea. I am flying back during the break and interviewing there. It's a bit nerve wracking but I have a good feeling."

My smile drops slightly at the mention of him going back to Korea. I feel my heart ache and I try to maintain a positive attitude.

"I am sure you will be amazing. You are highly qualified and put all your effort into your work, they would be lucky to have you." I reply.

"Gamsahabnida, I really appreciate it."

He continues "Also, I just wanted to say thanks for dinner, it's a super delicious salad. And I am happy you are back to your bubbly self. I know you went through a lot these past few weeks but you are such a strong woman and I am just so proud of you."

"Thanks, it means a lot."

We finish eating and I start clearing the table when Jimin yells out.

"Anyo Jen! You cooked and invited me over, let me at least clean this up for you."

He takes the plates from my hands and walks over to the sink.

He begins washing the dishes and I stand beside him, leaning on the counter.

"Wow look at you go. You would make a great stay at home husband." I tease.

"I am not completely useless. I can cook and clean, Jen. I always helped out with chores growing up and once I started college I really looked after myself."

"It really shows! The plates are sparkly clean. You'll have to make me a tasty 4 course meal before I can judge your cooking though."

"Any time. I mean you might have to help because I am not familiar with vegan cooking but we can make it happen."
He finishes placing the dishes on the drying rack and looks around for a towel.

"Oh it's over here." I extend the towel towards him.

As he reaches over he accidentally grabs onto my hand as well. We lock eyes for a moment before he whispers out "sorry" and dries his hands.

I smile shyly at him "gwaenchanha."

Now I intentionally reach over and hold his hand. He moves back slightly, surprised by the sudden contact.

"I really enjoy spending time with you. Even when it's simple things like this I just- you are great company and easy to talk to" I say.

He smiles down at me. "I like.. this too."

He moves directly in front of me and lifts my chin up gently with his index finger. I become completely mesmerized by his gorgeous, dark chocolate colored eyes as he runs his thumb over my bottom lip.

My breathing halts and for a moment, I cannot talk or move.

Suddenly, we close the distance between us and our lips crash together.

He puts an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck.

He parts his mouth and my tongue circles his slowly, savoring every inch.

I suck on his plump bottom lip and feel his grasp on me tighten as he lets out a soft moan.

Jimin cups my face in both hands and I wrap my leg around his thigh.

He licks my lips, places both hands under my butt, and lifts me onto the counter.

I run my hands along his toned arms and I reach up under his shirt to feel the outlines of his ab muscles.

I moan out loud as I lean my neck back and feel him smile against my lips.

He moves his attention towards my jawline and sends shivers down my spine as he gently kisses the length of my neck.

He makes his way down to my collarbone, my weakness, and I dig my nails into his back.

Sensing my excitement he nibbles and licks this sweet spot and I cannot stop myself from grinding my hips against his.

"Hmmm... I want you" I whisper.

"I need you more" he murmurs in a husky voice and bites my earlobe.

I could not contain myself any longer. I jump off the counter and begin pulling him towards the bedroom.

I try to prepare myself with a mental pep talk:

Jen.

You are about to have some steamy sex.