Chapter 10 - The Island of Kiyoshi

-Maya's Point of View-

The soldiers brought us to some kind of place and then once we got there they tied all of us together onto a big pole.

"You four have some explaining to do," a man said.

"And if you don't answer all our questions, we're throwing you back in the water with the Unagi," a woman warned.

Wait, Unagi? Is that what that colossus thing is called?

"Show yourselves, cowards!" Sokka shouted.

After he shouted that they removed our blindfolds. When I looked at them I saw a group of women in warrior suits, together with an old man and several people behind them.

Woah! So they are the ones that kidnapped us! Their suits seem heavy, how can they freely move in that?

And why does it look like the whole village people are watching? Is this some kind of show or something?

"Who are you? Where are the men who ambushed us?" Sokka asked the warrior in front of him.

You idiot Sokka! They were the ones who ambushed us!

"There were no men! We ambushed you! Now tell us, who are you and what are you doing here?" the warrior asked.

"We were only here to stop by! We never intend to do anything bad, I swear! Aang right here only wanted to ride the elephant koi! We mean no harm!" I explained.

"Wait a second! There's no way a bunch of girls took us down," Sokka interrupted with a smirk on his face.

Gosh, Sokka! Here you go again with the men over women talk. You promised not to do that again, but here you are! Belittling these warriors... do you have a death wish?!

"A bunch of girls huh? The Unagi's going to eat well tonight," The woman said as she grabbed Sokka's collar and draw her face closer.

"No! Don't hurt him! He didn't mean it! My brother's just an idiot sometimes," Katara shouted.

The warrior lets go of Sokka but she still looked at him with an angry face.

"It's my fault," Aang suddenly said. "I'm sorry we came here. I wanted to ride the elephant koi," he explained.

"How do we know you're not fire nation spies?" the old man in front of us said as he pointed at us.

My eyes grew wide. 

Oh no... They hate the fire nation as well. It would be a disaster if they found out about my true nationality.

"Kiyoshi stayed out of the war so far, and we intend to keep it that way," the old man continued.

"This island is named after Kiyoshi? I know Kiyoshi!" Aang suddenly said filled with excitement.

"Um... Aang? What are you saying? Do you really know that person?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah! I do!" he answered.

"Ha! How could you possibly know her?" the old man argued.

Yeah Aang, you have not even been to this place before! Guessing that you don't even know it was called Kiyoshi.

There's no time for jokes! We might really become Unagi food if we don't take this seriously!

"Avatar Kiyoshi was born here 400 years ago. She's been dead for centuries," the old man continued.