Chapter 6 - Two Journeys, Different Paths

-Zuko's Point of View-

I climbed my way up the ship's deck. Good thing I was able to hold on to the ship's anchor. When I was almost up, I saw my uncle and he helped me.

"SHOOT THEM DOWN!" I yelled and then my uncle and I, together, created a big fireball and aimed it right at the flying bison.

But the Avatar was quick to move; he deflected the fireball and it went to the glacier beside us. It created a big snow avalanche that covered my ship's deck.

After all that had happened, I was beaten down to the ground, with my head down.

"Good news for the Fire Lord, the Fire Nation's greatest threat, is just a little kid," my uncle said.

I stood up then I looked at him.

"That kid, uncle, just did this," I said as I pointed out to the pile of snow that almost covered half of the ship. "I won't underestimate him again," 

I looked at my crew and then I shouted, "DIG THE SHIP OUT AND FOLLOW THEM!" but then I saw that only three of my crew were available and they were melting the other three that were frozen.

"As soon as you're done with that,"

I noticed that the sun was about to set.

"We're not going to get out of this tonight," I mumbled to myself and then I started walking towards my quarters.

I lay down on the bed and went to sleep. 

Don't worry Zuko, tomorrow is another chance. We'll have our ship repaired first thing in the morning. We'll catch up with the Avatar soon.

He couldn't have gone far. Anyone who was gone for a long time will surely want to go back home...

---------------------------------------------------------

-Maya's Point of View-

"Guys, the sun is setting and I think Appa is also tired. Why don't we set up camp for the meantime and we'll just continue flying first thing in the morning?" I proposed to everyone.

"Finally, someone said it! Thank you, Maya!" Sokka shouted and then he grabbed my face and kissed me on the cheeks.

My eyes grew wide for a moment and I was frozen in my place. I then slowly pushed Sokka away while wiping the cheek that he kissed.

"Okay... that was unnecessary..." I said.

"So how about it Aang?" I asked with a big smile on my face.

"I think it's a great idea. Don't you think Aang?" Katara replied. My smile suddenly faded and I moved back a little.

"You're not Aang..." I whispered to myself.

"Yeah, sure! Appa let's head down there near the lake! I think that would be the best place to take a good night's sleep," Aang said and then he led Appa.

We safely landed beside the lake and as soon as we reached the ground, Sokka jumped off the saddle, and then he kissed the land.

"Oh, sweet land! I missed ya!" he yelled.

It's the first time I ever get to see dry land. I have been used to the ice grounds at the south pole that seeing this green landscape took my breath away. It's beautiful.