Chapter 27 - Avatar's Companion

-Maya's Point of View- 

"Let's open it up!" Zuko shouted as he called on the other sages to help him open the door. They shot five fire blasts at it but it wouldn't open still. 

"Why isn't it working?! It's sealed shut!" Zuko shouted. "It must've been the light, Avatar Roku doesn't want us inside." one of the sages answered. 

"Just give up already! You won't get him to come out!" I shouted at them. Zuko suddenly turned around and walked in front of me. 

"You better keep your mouth shut, or I will." he angrily said. I looked him straight in the eye and replied, "Make me." then suddenly, I felt dizzy.

-----------------------------------------------

-Zuko's Point of View-

"Make me." the water tribe girl said as she looked at me. I raised my hand and lit a fire and even before I can do anything to her, she suddenly fainted. 

"HEY! WHAT DID YOU DO!" one of her friends shouted. "Nothing," I answered while lowering my hand and walking towards the traitor sage that the other sages has tied down to the ground. 

"I SWEAR, I'M GONNA PUNCH YOU ONCE I GET OUT OF HERE!" the guy shouted as he struggled to get out of the chains. "Calm down Sokka!" the other one argued.

Struggle all you want peasant, you won't get out of there alive. 

I stood in front of the traitor sage who was kneeling down. "Why did you help the Avatar?" I angrily asked. "Because it was once the sage's duty. It is still our duty," he answered.

I was about to reply back to him when we all suddenly heard a clapping sound from behind us. When I looked back, I saw Zhao with his small army of fire soldiers walking towards us. 

"What a moving and heartfelt performance. I'm certain the Fire Lord would understand when you explain why'd you betray him." Zhao said with a smirk on his face. "Commander Zhao." One of the sages said as he bowed down. "And Prince Zuko, it was a noble effort, but your little smoke screen didn't work." Zhao continued. 

I looked at him vengefully as he continued babbling. "Two traitors in one day. The Fire Lord will be pleased," he said and then one of his soldiers grabbed both of my wrists. 

This old hag! He is such a nuisance to all my plans! I was so close! But he won't get to the Avatar just yet. 

"You're too late Zhao! The Avatar's inside and the doors are sealed!" I yelled back at him. "No matter. Sooner or later he has to come out." Zhao replied.

I SERIOUSLY HATE HIS COOL TONE AS IF HE'S NOT BOTHERED BY ANYTHING! I JUST WANT TO SMOTHER HIM IN THE FACE!

"Tie the banished prince and the traitor sage on the columns! We'll deal with them once the Avatar comes out." Zhao commanded his soldiers. 

"Oh, and what's this? We have three water tribe peasants as well. What a lucky day." he continued when he saw the Avatar's company. 

"The Avatar is mine Zhao! He's mine to capture!" I said while struggling to get away. "Struggle all you want, you won't get out of there alive," Zhao replied with a smirk. 

I let out a loud shout as he walked away. CURSES! 

"Ready yourselves, soldiers! When those doors open, unleash all your firepower!" Zhao commanded as he together with the other soldiers faced the giant door.