Chapter 25 - Enemy Borderlines

-Maya's Point of View-

It's been a few minutes since I got out of the spirit world, and I still haven't found a way how to tell them what happened. Well, actually I had a chance to do so when Katara asked me if something happened but I don't know why I didn't say it!!!! Ugh! Maya! What is wrong with you?!

"You okay Maya?" I suddenly heard Aang ask. I looked at him and then I replied, "Ah, yeah! I'm cool Aang! Haha! I'm fine!" 

"Are you sure? You're acting kinda weird ever since you got out of the spirit world." Aang worriedly said. "Weird? Who's weird? I'm not weird. Sokka's the weird one!" I answered and then from afar, Sokka shouted, "I heard that!" and then I gave him an awkward smile. "Okay... If you say so," Aang said and then he went towards Appa. 

Dang it Maya! You said you're not gonna keep it a secret! Why are you still hiding it?! Stupid mouth! Just say it already! Ugh!

"Thank you Avatar." one of the village folk said as he, alongside the other village elders, walked towards Aang and Appa. As soon as I heard that, I went to where Aang was as well. Katara and Sokka followed after. "No worries. It was my duty to help." Aang replied. 

We are now in front of the town hall and all the village elders were in front of us. 

"If only there were a way to repay you for what you've done," the man continued. "You could give us some supplies, and some money," Sokka shamelessly requested. Katara elbowed him as she said, "Sokka!" 

"What? We need stuff!" Sokka said to her. The village folk bowed down and then he said, "It would be an honor to help you prepare for your journey." After that, he and the village elders went away to prepare the stuff we need. 

"I'm so proud of you Aang! You figured out what to do all on your own." Katara suddenly said. "Actually, I did have a little help." Aang replied with a smile but then he suddenly frowned as he continued, "And there's something else..."

"What is it?" Sokka asked. "I need to talk to Roku, and I think I found a way to contact his spirit," Aang answered. 

This is what the spirit told me back in the spirit world! A way to contact your past lives! Could it be that Aang met the spirit too? 

"That's great!" Katara exclaimed. "Creepy... but great!" Sokka seconded. "How are you going to talk to him Aang?" I asked. I want to know too, just in case I ever would like to talk with my past lives as well.

"There's a temple on a crescent-shaped island, and if I go there on the solstice, I'll be able to speak with him," Aang answered. 

Oh right... the solstice... Ta Min will probably call out to my spirit on the solstice as well.

"But the solstice is tomorrow!" Katara said. "Yeah, and there's one more problem. The island is in the fire nation." Aang replied. My eyes widened at what he said. 

No... There is no way we are going to the fire nation borders. Is this what Ta Min has been telling me?! Will I have to leave them as soon as possible?! But where would I even go?! No... No... This definitely can't be happening! 

"IS IN THE WHAT?" Sokka shouted. "This is a big problem," Katara said. "I know..." Aang replied while looking down to the ground. "Isn't there any other way you could speak to Roku? Like, you know, a way in which we won't get our butts burned?" I asked. 

Aang looked at me sadly and answered, "There's no other way. Even if there is, this is the only way I know, for now." I then shifted my gaze from Aang and then to the ground.