Chapter 16 - Maya As Queen?

-Maya's Point of View-

"So? Where do you want to go first?" Balu asked. I didn't reply to him and I just looked away. We went silent for a moment before he spoke again. 

"Hey... Don't get this wrong," he said as he stopped walking to look at me. I stopped walking as well.

"I'm not imprisoning you or punishing you, or what. It's just that Grandfather wants to teach the Avatar a lesson. And since you found out about his plan, it would be no fun if you were there," he continued.

"Why couldn't he just tell him who he is? That would make things easier and faster."

"Eh... Boring! Where's the fun in that?" he contradicted.

I looked at him and then I said, "We have no time to waste! The Avatar needs to get to the north pole to master water bending!"

"Who said that this was a waste of time?" he asked and then he started walking. 

"Hey don't walk away from me! I'm not done talking to you!" I shouted as I followed behind him. "As I said, we can't waste time here. We still have a long way to go before we reach the north pole."

Balu didn't look at me nor gave me a reply. He just continued walking. 

"Hello? Didn't you hear what I said?" I asked. He still didn't answer. "Don't you dare ignore me," but I still didn't get a response that's why I grabbed his arm and stopped him from walking. 

"Stop walking and listen to me!"

He looked at me still with a smile on his face. I crossed my brows and then I said, "What has gotten into you, and why are you ignoring me?"

"I already told you. You can't meet your friends just yet. You'll meet them soon after the Avatar finishes the tests. You'll just have to stay with me for the meantime," he said and then he placed his arm on my shoulder.

"I don't want to be with you— and where are we going anyway? We have been walking for minutes now... don't tell me that we're lost," I said to him.

"Nope! We're not lost. I have been living in this palace for my whole life. We'll never get lost in here." he said and then he continued walking.

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"We're going to my training ground."

I brushed off his arm from my shoulder and asked, "Training ground?"

"Yeah. I call that place spikes. It's filled with spikey stones and it has a waterfall in the center of the whole place," he answered. "I practice earth bending in there most of the time."

"Why are you showing that to me?" I asked. 

"Well, I figured I can show you some move," he arrogantly answered.

"Show off..." I said.

We continued walking until we reached the hallway that leads to the training ground. I saw Sokka and Katara standing at the end of the hallway, and the King was also there beside his adviser.

"SOKKA! KATARA-" I shouted and was about to run towards them but then Balu covered my mouth and then he earth bent a hole in the wall and dragged me inside.

-----------------------------------------------