Chapter 2 - Confused Feelings

-Zuko's Point of View-

The sun has gone down now. Even though we got to where the light was, there was nothing there! I couldn't sleep! Where could the Avatar be?!

I tossed and turned around the bed, but certainly, I am not gonna get a good night's rest. So I went to the ship's balcony and stood there; trying to keep my eyes on the horizon, hoping that I would see something— that I would see hope.

"I'm going to bed now," my uncle said from behind me. I didn't even notice him. He let out a big lazy yawn after saying what he said. I didn't answer him back. 

Go sleep if you want! You don't have to tell me everything.

"Yep! A man needs his rest," he continued. I still didn't say a word. Saying anything to him is useless.

"Prince Zuko, you need some sleep. Even if you are right, and the Avatar is alive— you won't find him! Your father, grandfather, and even great-grandfather all tried and failed!" he continued talking.

"Because their honor didn't hinge on the Avatar's capture— mine does! This coward's 100 years of hiding are over," I finally answered. "If you want to sleep, then go ahead and help yourself. I'm staying out a bit more. Stop bothering me," I continued.

Uncle didn't say anything more and he just went inside.

Just wait Avatar, I'll come looking for you and I will never stop hunting you down.

---------------------------------------------------------

-Maya's Point of View-

It's now a bright sunny morning! Another day for new weird moments and another day of living in this small village of the southern water tribe. I hope our sister tribe is doing fine on the other side of the world.

"Hey Maya, can you go wake up Aang for me? I want to introduce him to the entire village but I've got my hands occupied," Katara said while carrying some firewood.

"Oh sure! I'll go check on him!" I answered and then I stood up.

"Thanks! Tell him Everyone's waiting!" she added.

I started walking toward Aang's tent and as soon as I got there, I went inside and I saw him half-naked while asleep. I cleared my throat and then I tried waking him up by calling out his name.

"Aang? Aang, wake up," I said. He's still not responding. "Aang... Aang?" I repeated. 

He suddenly sat up while screaming. I was startled by it.

"A-are you okay? What happened?" I asked him. He was sweating and out of breath. Did he just have a nightmare?

"Oh, sorry... Yeah! I'm fine it's just... something," he answered with a sigh. I stared at him for a bit.

Yup, it was definitely a nightmare. I've been having nightmares myself so I should know.

"It's fine, we're in the village now," I said as I placed my hand on his back. "Why don't we go outside?" I asked.

"C'mon! Get up! Everyone's waiting for you," I tugged him up without waiting for his reply. I stood up to take a peek outside and I looked back at him again.

He was putting on his shirt. I saw that his body was filled with tattoos— arrowhead tattoos from his head down to his feet.

If he was an airbender, he must have been not just any regular airbender. The nomads are known for these sacred tattoos. He must've been someone special.