Chapter 46 - Aang's Confession

-Maya's Point of View-

"Here's the plan," Aang said as he pulled the three of us closer. "In order for this scheme to work, we'll need Aunt Wu's cloud reading book," he continued.

"But how are we gonna get it? It's not like she'll hand it over easily," Sokka asked. 

"We'll have to 'borrow' it," Aang answered. "Katara and Sokka will stand at the front door of their house and serve as lookouts from the outside. Maya and I will go in and search for the book. She'll serve as the lookout from the inside," Aang explained.

"But why do we need the book?" Katara asked. "If the people will only listen to Aunt Wu's predictions, then we'll have Aunt Wu predict something we want to convey," Aang answered.

"After obtaining the book, Maya, Katara, and I will fly on top of Appa and shape the clouds. Sokka will have to call Aunt Wu and bring him to the village square where she will pronounce the prediction we created," Aang further explained.

"Do I really have to join you and Katara up there?" I asked. I mean, it's not like I was necessary in that part since I couldn't bend.

"It will definitely be hard for Appa to maneuver alone with all those clouds. We'll need you there," Aang said. "Okay..." I replied.

"Alright, let's get this thing going before the sun sets and the volcano erupts," Sokka said firmly, and then all of us went into position.

Sokka and Katara stood in front of the front door while Aang and I ran to the back side of the house.

"Hold on to me," Aang said as he pulled me closer to him and carried me in his arms. He airbent his way up the roof, then we entered through one of the windows that was left open.

"I'll go to the fortune-reading room," Aang said. "I'll just be outside," I replied.

He went in while I roamed around making sure the area was clear of people.

"I was quite sure we weren't receiving guests anymore for today," I suddenly heard Sir Yuan's voice from behind me.

"Sir Yuan! I, uh... haha... I'm sorry I let myself in. There was just something we— I mean, me! Something I need to, uh..." I tried making up excuses but I panicked.

Sir Yuan smiled and chuckled. "You'll seek what you're looking for on page 47," he said.

"Uh... huh?" I stared at him confused. "You're looking for a prediction in the cloud reading book am I right? It's on page 47," he explained.

"How did you know?"

"How could I not when the speech your friend gave was very moving?" he said with a smile. I smiled back at him and replied, "Thank you, Sir Yuan."

"You're bald friend is the Avatar isn't he?" he asked. "Yes, he is..." I answered and he just smiled.

"You can leave through the front door, it's okay. I won't tell Wu that you guys went to 'borrow' one of her books," he said as he walked away.

"Thank you, Sir Yuan!" I said as he faded into the dark. 

For some reason, I keep on meeting people who are kind despite them having a fire element background. Maybe the Fire Nation isn't all that bad?

Maybe it's just those in power who have crazy distorted minds.

"Maya, I got the book," Aang said as he went outside of the fortune-reading room. "Great! Now let's get out of here!" I tugged onto his arms and was about to walk out of the main door when he suddenly pulled me back.