Chapter 5 - The Start of a Great Adventure

-Maya's Point of View-

Aang and I were dragged to the inner part of the ship and we went to the ship's deck. Aang was placed in front of the scar-face, and I was placed behind him.

The scar-face jerk stole Aang's glider and examined it.

"This staff will make an excellent gift for my father," he said.

"That's not even yours..." I mumbled.

He looked at me angrily and then he continued.

"I supposed you wouldn't know of fathers— being raised by monks," he said to Aang.

Okay, that's it. He's gone too far! His insensitive, jerk, abominable attitude is getting on my nerves and I can't take it anymore!

I took the chance to kick him on the thighs while everyone was busy focusing on Aang. He let out a huge growl filled with pain while kneeling on the ground.

"YOU COLD-BLOODED JERK!" I shouted at him.

His soldiers suddenly pinned me down to the floor.

"No! Don't hurt her!" Aang shouted.

That freaking hurt you bastards! I swear that I will perish you all, once I get out of this bind!

"You're a feisty one, and a loud one too," The scar-face said as he walked towards me. One of the soldiers raised my head and then the boy held onto my cheeks with his one hand.

"Remember, you are not my target, but you have something that I am curious about. Once I got what I want from you, I can easily dispose of you at any given moment," he said as he released fire out of his other hand while placing it near my face.

"NO!" Aang shouted once more.

"You better behave, little girl, before I throw you out to the sea and let you freeze to death!" he said and then he threw my face to the floor.

"Maya!" Aang shouted. "Don't you dare hurt her!" he yelled at the scarred boy's face.

"Take the Avatar to the prison hold, and take this staff and that girl to my quarters," he ordered. He gave the staff to an old man and then the old man passed it on to another soldier.

"Hey! You mind taking this to his quarters for me?" the old man said.

Two soldiers pushed Aang down to a bunker of the ship and we were both looking at each other, but it was stopped when he was already out of sight.

I was still down on the ground. I couldn't believe it! I was so afraid that my legs are still shaking up until now. The soldiers stood me up and held my arms.

They forced me to walk. We passed by some stairs, took some turns, and then we stopped in front of a metal door. They opened it and then they pushed me inside.

"Ugh!" I said as I fell to the room's floor. "These men don't know how to carefully handle a woman," I said as I stood up. I wasn't able to stand properly because my hands were still tied behind my back, good thing I managed.

When I got up, I looked around the room, and boy was it so hot in here! The only light sources were the candles, a small horizontal window on one wall of the room, and two red lights at the corners of the room.

There was also a big red tapestry of the fire nation symbol and the room was drenched in the color red.

The door suddenly closed behind me and I heard the voice of that scar face again. I looked back and behold, there he was, holding the door shut.