Chapter 43 - Foretold Future

-Maya's Point of View-

I was in the middle of my sleep when I suddenly heard footsteps coming inside the temple. I quickly remembered that I should've been keeping watch of all of us that's why I jolted up and readied my fighting stance in case it was an intruder.

"Who's that?!" I shouted.

"It's just me..." 

"Oh, Aang. Sorry, I thought it was an intruder..." I said to him as I scratched the back of my head. He walked towards the sick siblings and placed the frozen frogs in their mouths. The deranged siblings sucked on them right away.

Good thing I wasn't sick, otherwise I'd be doing the same thing. I'm already debating if I can hold a frog, let alone suck on one.

Right after that, Aang went to lie down on Appa's tail. I get this feeling that he's upset about something. He seems gloomy. "How did things go with Zuko?" I asked as I sat down beside him.

He let out a deep sigh before answering. "He attacked me as soon as he woke up." He then turned his back on me and faced the wall.

"As expected of him...." I said with no sense of surprise.

"I just thought we could've been friends too. I mean why would he save me right?" Aang contradicted as he sat up looking me straight in the eyes. He looked as if he was begging me to agree with him.

"He saved you because he's a selfish prince who wants to capture you for himself. Face it Aang, he's a bad guy. He'll never change..." I rebutted. 

Aang looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I hope you're wrong," he turned away.

Aang sure does have positive expectations toward my evil half-brother. Zuko's already proven to us his true intentions towards the Avatar anyway—that thing will never change.

"Get some rest. You're probably tired from all that commotion last night," I placed a hand on his shoulder and urged him to sleep.

"Blech! Yuck!" I heard Sokka shout as he spewed the thawed-out frog from his mouth. 

"Are those frogs?! Ewww! Ugh, blech!" Katara followed. 

"Great! You guys are cured!" I exclaimed with arms outstretched. 

------------------------------------------------------

-Zuko's Point of View-

I arrived back at the ship's deck after a long night of 'strolling'. I was greeted by my uncle who was playing his tsungi horn. "Where have you been Prince Zuko? You missed music night! Lieutenant Gi sang a stirring love song!" Uncle asked.

As much as I'd like to hold a conversation with him; I just can't. My head hurts from that arrow shot that I took last night. "I'm going to bed... No disturbances." I replied to him and then I made my way to my chambers.

I changed into my robe and lay down the moment I got inside the room. It was indeed a tiring night. What's more, is that I can't shake off the thing that avatar kid said.

"If we knew each other back then, do you think we could've been friends too?"

For some reason, I don't know how to answer that question. Is there even supposed to be an answer to that? 

I looked at the big Fire Nation tapestry hanging on the wall.

All I know is that I need him to regain my honor and bring back my rightful place to the throne—where I was destined to be.