Chapter 7 - All About Going Home

-Maya's Point of View-

We have now been traveling in the sky for hours and I guess I still need to get myself used to it.

I was at the rear end of Appa's saddle with Sokka, and Katara was beside Aang on Appa's head.

Suddenly Sokka's stomach started rumbling.

"Hey stomach, be quiet alright? I'm trying to find us some food," Sokka said while holding onto his stomach and looking at it.

He started rummaging through our stuff to look for food. When he wasn't able to find one, I went up to him and said, "What about the blubbered seal jerky Gran-Gran packed for us?"

"Oh right!" he exclaimed.

He grabbed one sack, opened it, and poured out its content, but it was empty.

"Hey! Who ate all the blubbered seal jerky? The ones that look like sticks!" he shouted.

"Oh... That was food? I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry," Aang suddenly said.

"You what?!" Sokka shouted and then he let out a big sigh.

"No wonder the flame smelled so good," Sokka said in a disappointed tone.

I went towards the front end of Appa's saddle closer to Aang and Katara and then I said to Sokka, "Don't worry about it Sokka, maybe we'll find something in the temple."

"The Potola Moutain Range! We're almost there!" Aang suddenly shouted.

"Aang, before we get to the temple, I want to talk to you about the airbenders," Katara suddenly said. Here she goes again with a worried look.

"What about them?" Aang asked.

"Well... I just want you to be prepared for what you might see," she answered. I looked at her and then I rested my head on top of my palms.

"The fire nation is ruthless. They killed my Mom and Maya's mother. They could've done the same to your people," Katara continued. I looked at both of them as they talk.

"Just because no one has seen an airbender, doesn't mean the fire nation killed them all. They probably escaped," Aang contradicted.

"I know it's hard to accept," Katara said and then he placed one hand on Aang's back.

"You don't understand Katara, the only way to get to an airbender temple is on a flying bison. I doubt the fire nation has any, right Appa?" Aang interrupted and then he rubbed Appa's head.

Appa then growls and Aang shouted, "Yip-yip!"

I just smiled at the two of them, and then I sat down while leaning on the saddle's edge.

Suddenly Appa went soaring up the sky faster and a strong wind almost blew me off. Luckily Sokka was there. He grabbed onto the edge of Appa's saddle that I was leaning on and then he knelt down in front of me.

I was placed in between his arms with his chest inches away from my face.

"Hold on tight," he said.

I didn't know where to grab, so I just held on to his jacket.

This is really an awkward position we are in. Aren't we there yet?!

After a few more minutes of soaring fast, Appa suddenly slowed down, and then Aang said, "There it is, the Southern Air Temple."

Sokka moved back and then I turned around.