Sad Tom

A few days had passed since Tom's surgery, and he was doing okay. Physically, of course. His mental health was terrible.

Tom now had to wear digital goggles to give him his vision back. He didn't mind, they were cool looking. He wouldn't see random blobs in his vision now or blurry objects. The nurses had tested his bloodstream, and he showed up negative for cancer, which was amazing. Well, would have been amazing, if the baby's heartbeat was higher. They tested her again, and she was still low.

Currently, Tom was outside with Tord, both in their wolf forms for a bit. Tom was sad his beautiful, purple eyes were replaced by goggles. He still had them, they just were hidden now and had two scars on each. But he was even sadder, depressed even, that his child was dying. It always brought a pain in his heart, closing on his chest.

Tord plucked a yellow flower off the ground and set it on Tom's horns, purring. Tom smiled weakly, before dropping it right away and looking back down. Tord frowned slightly, he was also sad about their child, but not that much. In his mind, it wasn't alive until it was born, but he never said that to Tom. He was just glad Tom was still with him.

"What's wrong?" Tord asked, knowing the answer already. Tom's visors shown a pair of eyes in a pained expression, blinking a few times, "something," he answered. Tord licked Tom's cheek, "your visors are wonderful, if that's the problem," he complimented. The Omega flicked his tail, "you know it's not that, Dear," he sighed.

Tord softened his gaze, peeking at Tom's stomach, "you need to get over it, love. She will be in a better place-" Tom cut him off, his green eyes showing tears forming, "I just can't get over it, Tord! She's in my stomach, she's on the verge of death because I'm a selfish prick!" He cried, the digital tears falling before real ones fell down Tom's cheeks.

Tord wrapped his tail around Tom's, "you did it for me, Tom. Your not selfish, you know I loved you so much, I don't want you to leave me," he whispered, their furs touching. The Omega lowered his head, not saying anything. The Alpha smiled slightly, "why don't we play a good game of hide and seek? That'll cheer you up," he suggested, wagging his tail. Tom sniffled slightly, giggling a bit, "thanks Tord. You always know how to brighten me up," he purred.

*****

Oslo jumped over a puddle, flicking her ear slightly. She was so close to getting to her parents. So close to being leader of the world...

Oslo shook her head, she's been having horrible thoughts lately of ruling over the world and killing people. It scared her. It reminded her too much of her father.

Aztec looked behind himself, "come on Oslo, let's go," he said. She shook her head, "I'm going Dad!" She exclaimed. Aztec snorted, "I told you to call me Aztec, I'm not your dad," he pointed out. Oslo stuck out her tongue, "your much better than my real one!" She laughed.

Zackery jumped over the puddle, mumbling as his back leg got drenched, "dang it," he snarled. Oslo looked behind, "what's wrong Berry? Gonna be a drama queen because your little leg got drenched?" She sneered. Zackery bared his teeth, "shut up, murderer," he hissed. Oslo rolled her eyes, "I'm not like my dad, your jealous because I'm an Alpha," she joked.

Zackery rolled his eyes, "all Alpha's turn into psychopaths. Soon enough, you'll be fighting your father for the throne of leader," he pointed out, waiting for Milly and Jupiter. Oslo tilted her head, "why would I have to fight him? I can just wait until he retires and gives it to me or dies," she said. Zackery flicked his ear, "exactly, until he dies. You'll have an urge to take that throne. It's only Alpha's instincts to be leader, so you'll kill him and his mate so your mom can't take it next, so you can be leader faster," he said.

Oslo widened her eyes, taking a step back, "no I wouldn't!" She hissed. Zackery smirked, nodding, "it's only a matter of time before you kill him. Just like how we killed the werewolf in the arena," he whispered next to her ear. Oslo sat in her spot, the others quickly scurrying past her. She looked at the ground, eyes wide, would it be true? Would she really kill her own father and mother to be leader? Oslo shook her head, no it can't be. Could it?

She slowly got up and began walking towards the others.

***

Ringo jumped over to Sora, flicking her wings a bit. An awkward silence filled the two, both a bit upset with each other. "So..." Ringo said, clearing her throat. Sora raised an eyebrow slightly, looking at Ringo.

Ringo blushed in embarrassment, "Tom's better, right?" She said. Sora shrugged, "he is. The baby isn't. I thought your idea would work, Ringo," she scowled. The cat lowered her ears, "I didn't realize my mistake, I should have checked her health before Tom chose to do the surgery," she whined. Sora raised the fur on her neck, "we needed that baby alive, Ringo. You know what will happen if she doesn't live, you know exactly what will happen," she warned, saying the last few words slowly.

Ringo lowered her head, lowering her wings in defeat, "I'm sorry I failed you," she whispered. Sora sighed, softening her gaze, "you didn't fail me, you just wanted Tom alive. I understand that, but we just need to hope that the baby will live," Sora said, looking at the sky.

"Only she can stop the danger that will come."

***

Ughhhhhhhh ima need to make another book soon since I don't want to cramp it all in one.

Thanks to everyone who checked on me, means the whole world! <3

Don't have Instagram and seen my latest post? No worries! It only talked about how I'm not much into TordTom, but I'll still stick around and finish my books. If you have any questions, ask away.