|41 - Waddlin'|

|Harper|

When I envisioned Ethan and I's wedding, I was approximately 24 pounds lighter and my ankles weren't killing me. But there I was, almost 7 months pregnant and showing, after getting pregnant on the very first try. Even though pregnancy had been tough, and my wedding dress was a few sizes bigger, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

"Are you almost done, Lys?" I asked. She was taking her sweet time on my makeup.

"Can't rush perfection!" she sang and continued applying something sparkly to my face.

I rolled my eyes, "Any longer and he's gonna think I left him at the altar."

"I'm almost done, Mama Bear."

"Still can't believe my baby's having a baby," my mom said with a little pouty face. She'd come to stand behind me in the mirror and put her hands on my shoulders. "I can't wait to see the little one."

I smiled at her reflection, "You'll be seeing a lot of your baby's baby, Mom. Trust me." She kissed the top of my head. "You too, Mrs. Cutkosky," I said to Ethan's mom, who was sitting next to Yas.

"Please call me Yvonne, sweetheart," she smiled, "And I can't wait." I smiled back and nodded. She'd become my second mom over the years. It would've been too weird calling her by her first name, but who could say no to such a sweet face?

"All finished!" Alyssa chimed and stepped back to admire her work. My dad walked in and I turned in the chair to face him.

"You look beautiful, darling," he smiled.

"Doesn't she?" my mom added.

"Absolutely!" Yasmin agreed, coming over to help me up, "You have like 2 minutes before the music starts playing."

"Thanks, you guys. I love you so much," I smoothed my dress down, "Where's Mackenzie?"

"That's right, she's the flower girl," said my mom. "I'm gonna go make sure everything is set up with her."

"And make sure Donny has the rings! You know how he is, and if he plays a prank on my wedding day I'll push him down a flight of stairs."

"Okay, honey," she laughed and headed out of the room.

"We're gonna go get in our positions, sis," Alyssa said and clutched Yasmin's arm. I nodded and they left out. As soon as the door shut, I started getting extra nervous. I guess my dad could feel my anxiety floating around.

"Hey, everything's gonna be fine, Peanut," my dad started. "All the people who love you are here to see you marry the one you love," He pulled me in for a hug, "I know you're ready and that you can do this."

I clutched him tighter, "Thanks, Dad. You always know what to say."

"Cause you're my baby," He kissed my forehead and I heard the music start playing outside, "It's time."

"Let's do this," I sighed nervously. We walked out of the room (more like a waddle for me) and down a hallway. The bridesmaids and groomsmen had already walked in, leaving my little cousin, Mackenzie standing there. "Hey, Kenz! You look so pretty."