Step 14

Jungkook's POV

You rushed out the classroom and ignored me when I called you earlier. Maybe you need to use the bathroom emergencily?

Brushing off your weird antic, I walked to my locker and saw a letter placed neatly at the front.

I almost wanted to ignore the letter, but the small scribble got my attention.

My name.

Of course it was for me since it was in my locker. And it wasn't like I haven't got any letters before, but this one made my heart beat a tad bit too fast.

Because it was your writing.

--

It took me less than a second to decide after I read your letter.

I like you too.

Hell, I don't believe that you like me too. And even confessed first.

Running faster than the short-distance track team's record, I ran to where you should be, at our usual spot, passing through all the students who were also on their way back home.

But to my horror, you're not there.

What?

Was I too late?

But the sun's still up?

Why?

Did you change your mind?

"...kook!"

"Jungkook!" I turned back to the voice calling me and saw you huffing with heavy breaths, jogging towards me.

"Jimin?"

"Wait, let me take my breath" you held up your hands and took a few deep breaths to stable your breathing.

I waited patiently, but as soon as you lifted up your head, you were glaring at me with your still pink cheeks.

"Why did you have to run so fast?! I am the one who are supposed to wait for you! Not the other way around!" you exclaimed in annoyance, making a few heads turned to look our way but only for a second before they're back on their phones.

I only stared back at you after your outburst and it clicked.

"...oh"

When I said I passed through all the students while running here earlier, I must've passed literally all.

Including Jimin.

"Urgh, curse that athletic perfectly sculptured godly body of yours. You ruined my confession!" you crossed your arms across your chest and plopped down on the grass cutely, facing away from me.

Taking a seat with your back on my side and the sunset in front of me, I couldn't help but popped the question out.

"So, we're a thing now, right?"

And you replied with a groan.