Into the future

December 31, 2019

Another day another social media post, and today is New Year's Eve. Do I have plans? Yes, cause for once, my friend and I plan to get drunk, hang out, and talk. I have to make some moves first, but after this, I'll be at her house. I need to preroll my weed and help my mother with all her plans. I also need to make sure I take all my things with me.

6:00pm

I sat there mixing drinks as she began rolling up her weed. "I need to do my hair!" Ari said, and I chuckled. "What are you gone do to it?" I asked, looking at her locks, then she shrugged her shoulders. "Girl, I was thinking about two braids to the back or braiding it cause I know how to braid locks with braiding hair," Ari said, and I looked at her, shocked and amazed. Then I looked back down at the drinks and poured her a cup. "Go slow, cause this gone creep upon you," I said, and we both smiled as we took a drink from our cups.

The night was going by so slow but fast, or maybe that was because the liquor and weed kicked in. We made a run to Baskin-Robbins to get ice cream, and oh god, it was so worth it! Once we got back, I was playing Grand Theft Auto on her Xbox 360. "You're really playing this game, and you're good at it, too," she said, and I chuckled cause I realized she's never seen me play video games before.

"Girl, I love playing video games," I said then Eventually, we talked till she fell asleep, and I kept playing the game for an hour. I didn't want to be awake in her house, so I turned the Xbox off and laid there thinking until I drifted off into a deep sleep.

New Years day

I woke up around 12:01 and looked around. All I heard was gunshots, fireworks, and dogs barking cause of the noise. I looked over at Ari, who was still fast asleep. I smiled, then I got up, grabbed my phone off the charger, and went to the restroom. I closed the door behind me, locked it, and sat down to use the bathroom. While sitting there, I looked at my notifications. Everyone had messaged and texted from my mom to friends and family, but I was not responding.

I know that if I responded now, then they would start texting, and someone might even decide they want to call. I was not up, ready, or willing to talk to anyone. After I used the restroom and washed my hands, I put my phone back on the charger and went right back to sleep.

(Pg,1)