Apocalypse

June 23

We were at the lit con, and this was its first year, so it was only 10 dollars for a three-day pass. My best friend, his girlfriend, and I decided to go cause we needed some kind of fun this year. We were turning up enjoying ourselves, and I was dancing with Juycę. It felt like something out of a movie we were all high and feeling free. Day two of the lit con was becoming a huge success, and I loved it. This was an all-black event, but we let the other creators join in on our festivities. Everything was going fine until we heard screams. "Desi, Bobbi, get close to me!" My best friend wavez said, and I looked at him, then I looked at Juycę a little confused.

Wavez grabbed Desi and my hand, then I grabbed Juycę hand, and we all started moving away from the crowd. The more we walked away, the louder the screams got, and they began multiplying. Next thing I knew, everyone, including us, began running for our lives. Luckily we were ahead of the pack, so we had a head start. Some people caught up, causing Wavez hand and mine to part from each other and us to be separated.

I was running while still holding Juycę hand, praying we make it out alive. I don't know why bodies began dropping like flies, but they did. "Lovely, I don't wanna die." She said, and I could hear the fear in her voice. Everything inside of me wanted to make sure we're safe. We got close to the cars, and I began looking inside of them for keys. This big F150 truck had the key's in it, so we hopped in, and I started driving.

I drove while looking for my friends, but I couldn't find them.

October 28th, 2020

The 19 are humans that have gotten the final stage of COVID. They are at the point of no return. The 19 have become cannibalistic humans. Who thinks that if they eat and nor affect everyone, life will go back to normal. I have been running with Juycę for a while now, and it's hard. Trying to get back and or reach our families feels impossible. The nights are becoming colder and longer now, and I don't know how much more I CAN TAKE.

Juycę and I found a beautiful home, well, mansion to stay in. We also gathered food and weapons to protect ourselves. Until we know what we're up against, we can't get home, she said. So we're here living a video gamer fantasy. For some reason, every house we've been to hasn't had any kind of phone service. All the others were missing that and something else we needed also. Funny thing is this once has everything except phone service.

November 3rd, 2020

3:00 Am

We were running from the 19, and I looked back at Juycę who looked like she wouldn't make it. I started calculating everything in my head, and once I made it past the gate, I closed it then locked it. I ran a little further, and I began looking back at her run and scream my name. "Lovely, what are you doing?" she asked, "OPEN THE GATE!! LOVELY OPEN THE FUCKING GATE!!" Juycę yelled, and I kept looking at her apathetic. "Lovely, please help meeeeee!" she cried out, and I saw tears forming in her eyes.

I ran to the gate unlocked and opened it before the 19 could get her. Once I locked it back, I took her hand running further to the back, as I grabbed the shotgun from by the wall. I knew there would be a few athletic 19 members. Who would be able to climb and or jump the gate. So I would be ready when they did.

We made it past the red line, and I pushed the button. I let go of Juycę hand as spikes and arrows went flying in the 19 direction. I began shooting down the athletic ones with the shotgun, and when I was done, Juycę clung to me, holding on for dear life. I could tell she was still shaken up, and when she comes down from that high, she was going to be heated.

(Pg,6)