Rise and Shine

Six days later

I left early to try and make it to the store before the 19 had gotten up. Their eyes were a little more sensitive to light, so I have to get up at the right time. I was walking down the aisle in the store when I noticed movement on the side of me. I quickly pulled out my Glock and was about to shoot. "WAIT!!" A girl said as she popped up from on the other side of the aisle. I could tell she was 5'7 5'8 cause she was a little taller than my 5'5 5'6 ass.

"I'm sorry I thought you were the 19 I've been hiding here all night." She said as she walked closer to me to show she had not been bitten. "How do you look so...Normal?" She asked, and I smiled cause her voice was adorable. She sounded like Kerry Washington; her skin tone is the same as Lupita Nyong'o she might just be a little darker. She had perfect pearly white teeth and an hourglass that's unmatched.

Her shirt was ripped, and she had on some very short distorted shorts. I looked at her 3c hair and her beautiful smile. I kept shopping while talking to her ."Why are you alone? Are there others?" I asked, and she looked down, sad. "All of my people are dead." She said, grabbing everything I grabbed as she showed me her gun on her hip. "Can I com-" she stopped talking and pointed outside. I looked, and there were two big 19 men outside.

I zipped up my bag that was now full of food and drinks then she tied up hers. I grabbed her hand, and we went out of the secret entrance I made.

Near the house

"My name is Star Hunt; what's yours?" she asked, and I looked at her then rolled my eyes as I took off running, dragging her behind me. "Less talking more moving, quickly," I said, and she did as told. "THEY COMING!!" Star yelled as I hear the 19 begin screaming, which caused me to speed up.

we turned the corner, and I could see the house. "Look Star, that big house is our safe place. If you can build-up the last of your strength and make it there, we're safe," I said, looking back at her and the 19, then she nodded, and I smiled. We picked up our speed, and for a second, I let go of her hand then I thought about the food she was carrying. I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her, helping her pick up her speed.

We were running getting so close to the gate when I heard gunshots. I looked up to see Juycę and Desi shooting the 19 behind us. Juycę opened the gate, and we quickly ran in, then she closed it, and I kept running while holding Star's hand. Once Juycę locked it, her and Desi promptly went into the house.

Still running while holding Star's hand, we ran to the back, as I grabbed the shotgun from by the wall. We made it past the red line, and I pushed the button. I let go of Star's hand as spikes and arrows went flying in the 19 direction, which shocked her, causing her to jump scared. I began shooting down the athletic ones with the shotgun, and Star joined in. I could tell she was still shaken up, but she wanted to keep her life also, so she shot to live.

Ten minutes later

"So, you're just inviting bitches to live with us now?" Juycę asked in her cute high pitched voice, but all my mind heard was, "You trying to fuck her?" I looked at her and smiled. "Baby chill, we have more than enough of everything. These people had their water system; we're more than fine." I said, and she glared at me as she began walking out of the bedroom. Juycę slammed the door behind her, and I chuckled.

I walked to the door and went to the front where we left Star with Desi and Wavez. "Hey, you still haven't told me your name," Star said, looking at me and I smiled. "It's grocery duty, no one lives here without a job beside Mr. injured there," I said, and she stood up and walked up to me, so I looked up at her. "Your cute, but that's not what I asked," she said, and I heard Juycę clear her throat. "Her name is Lovely, and she's mine, so sit yo tall ass down." I looked over at Juycę, and she glared at me as I walked into the kitchen, smirking.

"Star, is it? Let's have a girl talk with Desi outside while Lovely cooks dinner, and Wavez helps her put away the groceries," Juycę said, and I looked at everyone confused, but I figured she was going to have them reloading the guns and the button trap. They left the room, and Hopefully, they check the perimeter too.

(Pg,9)