Rekindle

One month later

I was leaving my house when an envelope slid through my mailbox. I stepped on it, stopping it, then I picked it up. I opened the envelope, then I pulled the note out of it and began to read it.

"Hiiii Lovely. I was wondering would you like to join me for dinner tonight in our old room? If so, be here by seven o'clock. If you can't make it, I understand with you being the busy president and all." - Sincerely Simbala

I smirked as I began walking out my front door. I saw Juycę walking into the other house, and I smiled. For some reason, even though we're broken up, and I'm mad that she made me say it, I still have butterflies. There's something about this woman that will always have my heart. I don't know if I will be done working by seven, but if I am done, I will go. If not, then it's genuinely not meant to be.

3 o'clock

"Alright, everyone, we're done! Thank you all for coming out and helping the president and myself. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves and I hope you continue to keep this city in tip-top shape!" Star said, and everyone came over smiling to hug me as they began packing up to leave. "Today was amazing, Ms.President I hope we get to work together again someday." a girl said in a seductive voice, and I smiled.

"What's your name?" I asked, and she stepped closer to me and leaned in, causing her lips to be inches away from my ear. "Nicky with a y," she said seductively, and I got so wet. "Well, Nicky, I look forward to working with you," I said, and I walked away before I got myself into any trouble. "Ms. President, we have to get going to our next location." My chief of staff said, and I nodded as we went to get into the car.

Once everyone was in the car, we pulled off and headed to my house.

7:01 pm

I was sitting at the front door waiting for Lovely to knock. Technically I've been waiting since six o'clock. I want tonight to be perfect cause I've missed my baby. The night I suggested for us to break up was the worst. I never cried so much in my life, and to actually see so many people throw themselves at her didn't make it any better.

Lovely's little brother is her VP; her sister runs the Department of Health and Human Services; her mother is head of the Department of the Treasury. Desi is the Attorney General, and pretty much everyone in the house has a job except for me. Which is slightly annoying, but I get it. She didn't want to ask me to take over a form of government definitely not after the break up.

Desi said Lovely wanted to ask, but everyone advised her not to because to other countries, it wouldn't look right. Also, if we got back together, it might be too much of a big deal. It seems like everyone who isn't trying to fuck her is routing for us. I looked at the time, and it was 7:10 pm, which meant she wasn't coming cause Lovely is usually always early. I got up and began walking to my bedroom when I heard the door open.

"Sorry you thought I was Lovely, didn't you?" Desi asked, and I chuckled as I tried not to cry. I nodded my head cause I knew if I spoke, I would cry. I went to my room, and when I opened the door, Lovely was standing there smiling at me. "Your late, and the food is getting cold," Lovely said, and tear began running down my face as I sighed in relief. "Aww, you missed me, didn't yah Juycę?" She asked, and I chuckled as I wiped the tears from my eyes. "Shut upp," I said, sitting in my seat.

(Pg, 34)