Open heart surgery

Juycę P.O.V

I walked into the bathroom, and it was dark as hell. Music was playing, and it smelt like all weed. The aroma was already loud in our bedroom. But the bathroom vibe made it seem different. I began getting undressed quietly.

Then I walked into the shower and saw Lovely's figure in the corner. She was letting the water run down her chest with her neck leaned back. I walked up behind her and kissed her back.

She inhaled, and I held on to her. "I'm sorry." She said, and a tear rolled down my face. "Do you hate it here? On earth?" I asked, and she leaned her head to the right. "I hate me more than I hate it here. I'm not the same person I used to be. I wanna make it to heaven, but there are no rules for something like this." She said, and I nodded.

Lovely's a Christian who grew up in a strict Christian household. The older she got, the less it was strick, but those values are still there. You can't just wake up and shake something like that. "Did you love her?" I asked, and she quickly spoke. "As a friend, nothing more, but this isn't about Star," Lovely said, and I thought for a moment.

"Do you hate yourself cause you're gay?" I asked, and she sighs. "I used to, but I spoke to god about it, and I'm fine. I do, however, hate myself for not being strong enough for you." She said, and I let go of her as I stepped back.

Lovely slowly turned around and looked at me. "Who said your not strong enough causes from where I'm looking you're killing it. We couldn't save everyone, but we also did save people." I said, and she nodded, but I could tell she didn't believe so.

"You're so hard on yourself, and it's sad cause you shouldn't be. That does show your strength even if you don't think so." I said, and she glared at me. "Did you come to talk, or did you come to fuck?" She asked, and I glared at her.

"Does it really matter? I mean, we don't do either now." I said, a little sad. "Hey, you wanted the puppy. So we kep-" before Lovely could finish a loud voice spoke.

"Lovely, Queen, everyone is trying to figure out the food situation," Augustus said, and Lovely looked at me while smirking. "We'll be right out,"  I said, and she chuckled as we heard him walk away.

Then Lovely began whining like a puppy. "Stop," I said, and Lovely chuckled.

(Pg,16)